Finance: Data Science
Become a finance professional who works on the threshold between finance and data science. Collecting and analyzing data is of great importance in the financial sector as it tries to predict market changes to make the best investments and gain a competitive advantage. The Data Science track of MSc Finance prepares you for a career as a financial data scientist who not only knows about collecting, mining, and making sense of data, but is also an industry expert with in-depth financial knowledge.
Program and courses
The program prepares you to excel in the dynamic and data-driven finance industry by combining advanced data analytics techniques with specialized financial expertise.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the financial domain and get familiar with the latest more specialized data analysis techniques.
- Develop your skills to structure sheer amounts of information that is collected by de finance industry in such a way that conducting analysis is possible and can be interpreted in a sensible way. This is a challenge in all subfields of finance, for example Mergers & Acquisitions, Investments, Trading and Banking and it typically requires much greater skills than a standard data analyst.
- The program is taught by teachers with very good teaching evaluations. The teachers are some of the world's leading finance academics. Many teachers in the program have been awarded Excellent Teacher awards.
Typical courses are:
- Data science Methods in Finance
- Finance Applications in Data Science
As a Master of Science in Finance you are equipped with a profound knowledge framework in business and specialized knowledge in financial management or investment analysis. The Data Science track educates future finance professionals who work on the threshold between finance and data science. Rather than simply collecting, mining, and making sense of data (like data analysts) financial data scientists are industry experts with specialist, in-depth financial domain knowledge. The areas they work in are for example risk management, (algorithmic) trading and investing and mergers & acquisitions guidance.
Some examples of jobs you can expect:
- Financial Data Scientist
- Risk Manager
- Financial Consultant
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €3,166
- Is (very) satisfied with the Master's program: 90%
- Average number of months between graduation and first job: 2,6 months
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021| n=29
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
- BCs Bedrijfseconomie
- BCs Business Economics
- BCs Bedrijfskunde
- BCs (International) Business Administration
- BCs Economics and Business Economics
- BCs Economie en Bedrijfseconomie
- BCs International Business
Open to both university graduates and Dutch HBO graduates.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 16:00
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Join our Campus Experience on January 31 or February 21! Discover our compact and green campus with one of our students and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
To be announced
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
Are you curious about the experiences of international students like you? Join our Get to know Tilburg University Webinar led by our international team and discover what it is like to study at Tilburg University! It is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, and our university. The next Orientation Webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
To be announced
Application and Admission - Webinar for Master’s programs
Are you interested in a Master’s program at Tilburg University, and do you want to know more about the application procedure for international students? Take the first step towards a successful application by joining our Application and Admission Webinar for our Master’s programs. The next webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
Interested in the MSc Finance?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application