Finance: Sustainable Finance
Become a financial expert with a heart for the environment and society. Facing global challenges, financial institutions and other organizations are increasingly taking environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into account when making investment decisions. In the Sustainable Finance track of MSc Finance, you will learn how sustainability issues change the concept of finance.
Program and courses
Learn how sustainability issues are changing the understanding of finance. You will acquire the knowledge to incorporate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations when making investment decisions in the financial sector, leading to long-term investments in sustainable economic activities and projects.
- Gain a solid foundation in the principles and practice of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) issues in corporate finance and investing.
- Apply the latest theoretical ESG concepts from scientific literature to real-world cases during assignments, simulation games and group discussions in class. You will attend many guest lectures where the theoretical concepts are compared to practice.
- The program is taught by teachers with very good teaching evaluations. The teachers are some of the world's leading finance academics. Many teachers in the program have been awarded Excellent Teacher awards.
Typical courses are:
- Corporate Governance & Social Responsibility
- Asset Allocation & Sustainable Investing
- Sustainable Finance and Value Creation
As a Master of Science in Finance you are equipped with a profound knowledge framework in business and specialized knowledge in financial management or investment analysis - a highly attractive profile for companies, banks, and consultancy agencies. The Sustainable Finance track aims to educate future finance professionals to address environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues in corporate finance and investments. As a specialist in sustainable finance, you will be responsible for initiating, building, maintaining, and enhancing the sustainability performance of organizations.
Some examples of jobs you can expect:
- Investment Analyst
- ESG Specialist
- Sustainable Finance Consultant
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €3,166
- Is (very) satisfied with the Master's program: 90%
- Average number of months between graduation and first job: 2,6 months
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021| n=29
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
- Business Economics
- International Business Administration
Open to both university graduates and Dutch HBO graduates.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 16:00
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Join our Campus Experience on January 31 or February 21! Discover our compact and green campus with one of our students and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
To be announced
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
Are you curious about the experiences of international students like you? Join our Get to know Tilburg University Webinar led by our international team and discover what it is like to study at Tilburg University! It is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, and our university. The next Orientation Webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
To be announced
Application and Admission - Webinar for Master’s programs
Are you interested in a Master’s program at Tilburg University, and do you want to know more about the application procedure for international students? Take the first step towards a successful application by joining our Application and Admission Webinar for our Master’s programs. The next webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
Interested in the MSc Finance?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application