Pre-Master's program Business Analytics and Operations Research
We offer tailor-made pre-Master’s programs for students with a Bachelor's degree from a research university that covers most but not all entry requirements of the MSc Business Analytics and Operations Research. Due to the advanced content of the program, we cannot offer a pre-Master's program to students who graduated from a Dutch university of applied sciences (hbo).
For students with an international degree, or a Dutch research university (wo) degree
Pre-Master's program for Dutch WO and international students
Tilburg University offers a pre-Master's program specifically for graduates whose university Bachelor's degree does not entirely meet the entry requirements of the program Business Analytics and Operations Research. This pre-Master's program equips you with the knowledge foundation needed to excel in the program Business Analytics and Operations Research.
Tailor made to individual academic needs
The pre-Master’s program is tailor-made to individual learning needs and consists of a maximum of 36 ECTS, providing you with the essential foundation needed to pursue your Master’s in Business Analytics and Operations Research.
- After successfully completing the program, you can start with the one-year Master's program Business Analytics and Operations Research end of January, or end of August in the next academic year.
- Should you require more than 36 ECTS, we recommend you to apply for the Bachelor's program Econometrics and Operations Research before applying to the program Business Analytics and Operations Research.
The cursive courses are alternatives to the regular, first-mentioned courses. You can choose either the first-mentioned variant or the cursive alternative for each course.
- Linear Algebra or Linear Algebra for Data Science
- Mathematical Analysis 1 or Advanced Mathematics 1 for Data Science
- Mathematical Analysis 2 or Advanced Mathematics 2 for Data Science
- Linear Optimization or Linear Optimization for Data Science
- Stochastic Operations Research Models or Stochastic Operations Research Models for Data Science
- One of the following courses:
- Combinatorial Optimization
- Operation Research Methods
- Inventory and Production Management
- or Combinatorial Optimization for Data Science
- Introduction Analysis and Probability Theory
- Probability & Statistics
- Computer Programming for EOR
Application and admission
As a university graduate you are encouraged to apply for the Master’s program directly. After receiving your application the Admissions Committee will assess your academic background, and decide whether:
- You can be admitted to the Master's program directly.
- You need to take a 6 or 12 months pre-Master's program.
- You cannot be admitted to the (pre-)Master's program.
Do you want to know more about this pre-Master’s program?
Visit this pre-Master’s information session during the upcoming Open day
Interested in the MSc Business Analytics and Operations Research?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application