Extended Master's program Organization and Management Studies
Extend your Master's degree by 1,5 years with an internship at a partner organization. You will combine scientific research during the Master's thesis trajectory with in-depth work experience in an organization. This extensive experience will boost your position on the job market.
Extended Master's program Video
Watch the information session video of the Extended Master's program as recorded on our Master's Open day 2023.
Short overview of the Extended Master's program
The Extended Master's program Organization and Management Studies lasts one-and-a-half years, divided into three semesters.
- In the first semester, you follow the courses of the regular Organization and Management Studies Master's program, with the exception of the Master's seminar in block 2.
- In the second and third semesters you will do an internship in one of the partner organizations of the Department of Organization Studies.
- During your internship, you will spend an average of 50% of the week on your Master's thesis research.
- The other 50% of the week you will participate in (project) activities for the partner organization, introducing you to different stages and aspects of organizational analysis and organizational change processes.
- Throughout the program, you will participate in six full-day workshops on professional skills and do five professional assignments.
Overview of partner organizations 2023 -2024
Why the Extended Master's Program?
- You will strengthen your career prospects by adding a professional traineeship to your Master’s program and broaden your knowledge of organizational life.
- You will work on a Master thesis that is relevant to the organization. As such, it helps to practically implement theoretically-based research questions.
- You will become familiar with situations in which you will have to apply scientific theories and methods to resolve practical problems.
- You will be prepared for and have a good orientation of the labor market.
- You can get access to organizations otherwise difficult to get into.
Application and Admission
The Extended Master's program Organization and Management Studies has room for about 30 to 40 students.
Matching Days take place in May, during which you can informally meet the partner organizations. Specific dates will be communicated on this page.
- Participation in the Matching Day is optional, but highly recommended.
- If you would like to participate in the Matching Day, please send an e-mail to Secretariat Organization and Management Studies.
To apply to the Extended Master's program Organization and Management Studies, you need to apply to the organizations that you would like to be admitted to.
- There are two rounds in which you can apply, and in each round, you can apply to a maximum of two organizations.
- Each application should consist of a motivation letter directed to the specific partner organization of your choosing, and your resume. Please send your applications to Secretariat Organization and Management Studies.
- The deadlines for the two rounds are in June.
- To participate in the Extended Master's program in Organization and Management Studies, you will need to be admitted to the Master’s program in Organization and Management Studies.
More information on the Extended Master's program Organization and Management Studies can be found in the program manual.
For any remaining questions you may have about the Extended Master’s program, please e-mail the coordinator of the program, Rob Jansen with your question.