Organization and Management Studies
Learn how to diagnose organizational problems such as inefficient communication between departments, formulate research-based solutions for these problems, communicate these effectively with relevant stakeholders, and manage the implementation processes. The Master’s program in Organization and Management Studies builds on an interdisciplinary social science perspective by drawing on insights from organizational science, strategic management, and organizational behavior.
National Student Survey, 2023
US News Best Global Universities, 2023
National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=18
Program and courses
Learn how to develop and change organizations with evidence-based interventions. You learn to diagnose organizational problems, formulate research-informed solutions to those problems, communicate these effectively to the relevant stakeholders in their respective organizations, and manage the implementation processes. In this Master's program, you will find answers to questions such as how can you facilitate collaboration within an organization as well as with external partners to the benefit of both? And how can you design successful organizational interventions while keeping in mind various factors such as macro-trends, customer preferences, and new regulations?
- The combination of insights from organization science, strategic management, and organizational behavior makes this program unique in the Netherlands and Europe
- During this program you will get small-scale, interactive education taught by leading scientists in the field. Apart from practical teamwork with frequent group assignments, you will also learn through serious gaming.
- Deepen your knowledge and skills by doing an Extended Master's Program. This advanced program adds a one-year internship to the regular program with a wide range of companies to choose from. During the first semester, you will follow the same courses as the regular Master's program.
- The Organizing for Global Social Challenges track gives you a different perspective on sustainable development based on the theories and methods pertinent to the Global Management of Social Issues discipline. This specialization focuses on the role of organizations in addressing global social challenges.
- In the Organizing and Managing Digital Transformation track you examine how digital technologies impact core organizational processes and reshape relationships between and within organizations. You will study how organizations respond, adjust, and navigate technological transformations from multiple perspectives.
Typical courses are:
- Organizing Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- Evidence-Based Intervention
- Complexity within Organizations
- Societal Developments and Institutions
- Organizational Dynamics
- Interorganizational Relationships
Judith GroenewoudMaster's student
"The program is challenging and can be demanding but it’s worth it. You gain knowledge in organizational change and dynamic. Plus you get to apply this in practice in case studies with existing companies."
Joris MostertMaster’s student
"The courses challenge you to get familiar with theories regarding organizational dynamics. A link is made with practice, and prepares you well for your career after the Master’s program."
Janneke PladetExtended Master's Program student
"During my traineeship I was able to apply the theory in practice. Through ‘serious games’ in the courses, we learned to think creatively and come up with new ideas. Very challenging!"
With this Master's program, you become an organizational analyst, able to understand problems faced by organizations and to help companies and governments respond to fast-changing environments. As a graduate, you understand how organizations are structured and developed, and you are able to analyze and deal with problems in organizations, which is vital in an ever-changing society.
You are prepared for management, consultancy, and project management positions in the public and private sectors, as well as for a career in research. Recent graduates have found work in project management, consulting, research, and analysis.
Top 5 sectors where alumni work:
- Management Consultancy
- Finances and Insurances
- Information Technology and Services
- 77% of our alumni find a job within 3 months after graduation
- Gross monthly income, one year after graduation: € 2,931,-
- Would (definitely) recommend the study to friends, family or colleagues: 72%
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n = 18
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August (both the Master’s and the pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
A one-year (60 ECTS) pre-Master’s program is available if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 16:00
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Join our Campus Experience on January 31 or February 21! Discover our compact and green campus with one of our students and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
To be announced
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
Are you curious about the experiences of international students like you? Join our Get to know Tilburg University Webinar led by our international team and discover what it is like to study at Tilburg University! It is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, and our university. The next Orientation Webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
To be announced
Application and Admission - Webinar for Master’s programs
Are you interested in a Master’s program at Tilburg University, and do you want to know more about the application procedure for international students? Take the first step towards a successful application by joining our Application and Admission Webinar for our Master’s programs. The next webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
Interested in the MSc Organization and Management Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application