The reserved options are carefully chosen by the University. We have reserved rooms at our preferred suppliers for a part of our first year international students. Be sure to reserve the rooms as soon as you can, because in the past rooms are often filled up rather quickly. In previous years only 30% of all first-year international students were able to book a room by a preferred supplier.
We have different housing options for degree students and exchange students.
- There is a limited availability.
- Our preferred suppliers offer rooms for 6 months (for exchange students) or 1 year (for full-year exchange students and Degree students) with fixed contract dates.
Availability reserved accommodation
|Exchange students||August & End of January|
|Bachelor's and (Pre-)Master's students||
End of August (year contracts)
I am an Exchange student for one or two semesters
Exchange students who study at Tilburg University for one or two semesters have the option to reserve a room at 'Verbs'.
Please note: There are not enough rooms for all incoming exchange students. Therefore, we recommend you to spread your options and start looking on the private market. You might be able to find a Tilburg University student who is going on exchange as well and sublet her/his room.
Within walking distance of the University you find 5 student flats which are popularly referred to as 'Verbs'. Two of the student flats are reserved for Exchange students of Tilburg University. The rooms are furnished and available for a period of six months. If you are joining us for a one year exchange program, you can reserve a room in Verbs 2 semesters. Common areas are shared with 6 or 17 other exchange students, so it is the perfect way to make new friends and have a great time here in Tilburg.
How to reserve a room
- Allow us to share your information with WonenBreburg. You can do this by checking the appropriate box during your online application in Mobility Online.
- In May all Exchange students will receive an e-mail from the Housing Office with information on how and when to reserve a room at Verbs. The booking date will take place on 20 June 2023 at 08:00 AM UTC (https://time.is/UTC) (10:00 AM local time, The Netherlands).
- All Exchange students who gave permission, will then automatically receive an e-mail from WonenBreburg. In this email you will find a link to activate your personal account. With this account you can see all the available rooms and make a reservation right away. Please note, it is NOT possible to log-in before you have received this e-mail from WonenBreburg.
I am a Degree Student for a Bachelor's or Master's Degree
Please note: reserved accommodation for Degree students is only available for students who start end of August (Fall semester). If you start end of January (Spring semester), please go to the private market webpage. Reserving housing through our partners will provide you with a guaranteed great start to your time here!
Are you going to do your entire degree at Tilburg University, and you start in the Fall semester? Then you can book one of the recommended options for accommodation.
- The rooms are all available for one year. It is not possible to extend your stay after this year, so you have to find other accommodation.
- There are not enough rooms for all incoming students. Therefore, we recommend you to spread your options and start looking on the private market.
Student Housing Holland
With a philosophy of being Your first friend in town, we can conclude that Student Housing Holland is more than just a housing agency. They believe that a worry-free stay with everything well arranged for you, is the essential foundation to gain a great international experience. That’s why Student Housing Holland delivers high quality rooms combined with the best services for international students.
What to expect?
Your rental price includes a fully furnished room in a typical Dutch student house with all utilities. Also included in the rental price are services like an airport pick-up, fun social events, weekly yoga lessons, side jobs service, a great customer support with even an instant ‘First Friend WhatsApp’ service during the arrival weeks, and more.
Their houses are centrally located in the city, and all include fully equipped kitchens, Wi-Fi, individual TVs, washing machine and more essentials. Student Housing Holland offers different types of fully furnished rooms ranging from € 589,- to € 729,- All-in per month.
So, if you see yourself living in a social and friendly environment, organized by an organization that is on the hand of international students, Student Housing Holland is your best choice.
How to reserve a room
The reservation system of Student Housing Holland will open on 30 May 2023, 10:00 AM (local time).
1. Click on the following link to view the available rooms: www.studenthousingholland.com/booking
2. Complete the payment:
- In order to secure a room please take into account that you need to pay a down payment with a minimum of € 3000.
- Securing a room requires a Credit card or PayPal account.
3. More detailed information about the booking process can be found at the FAQ page of
Student Housing Holland: FAQ - Student Housing Holland.
Note: You do not need to register in advance with Student Housing Holland.
SSH (Talent Square building)
Talent Square is a building in the centre of Tilburg close to the shops, the train station and other public transport options. You’ll find around 700 accommodations for both international and Dutch students in this building.
Shortstay vs Longstay accommodation
Talent Square has 250 rooms reserved for first year international students of Tilburg University, also referred to as shortstay accommodations. The rooms all have their own bathroom facilities, but you will share the common living area and the kitchen with 4 other international students. The rooms are fully furnished, and you pay one price for everything including Wi-Fi, utilities and maintenance. Registration for short stay accommodation is free of charge.
Besides the short stay accommodation Talent Square also has approximately 450 long stay studio-apartments for both Dutch and International students (registration time based and paid).
The long stay studio-apartments are available for all students and therefore not part of the reserved accommodation. If you are interested, you can register for € 20. These studio-apartments are registration time based which means that the student with the oldest registration date will be invited for a viewing. Note: to get a long stay studio-apartment you’ll need to be registered for at least 36 months.
How to reserve a room (Shortstay)
- Complete your registration form for year 2023/2024:
- Possible from 23 until 29 May 2023 at 10:00 AM (local time)
- Do NOT register before 23 May 2023, if you register before that date it will not be processed!
If you are a first-year international student and this is the first time you are starting a study program at Tilburg University your request will be approved by Tilburg University. As soon as your account is approved, you will be informed by email. From 30 May 2023, 10:00 AM (local time) you can:
1. Find a room
2. Make the reservation
3. Complete the payment:
- Please note that you will have 24 hours to complete the payment!
- In order to secure a room please take into account that you must pay a down payment of approximately €1300.
- Securing a room requires a Credit card.
The reservation will be finalized after your payment has been received.