Program and courses BSc Global Management of Social Issues
In the Bachelor Global Management of Social Issues you will learn to understand and manage international societal challenges ('wicked problems') by combining insights from human resource studies, organization studies and sociology. You will approach these wicked problems, such as climate change or poverty, from an interdisciplinary and transnational perspective. You will learn which organisational solutions are needed to tackle these issues: how to carry out projects and put together the right expert teams.
Video: short overview of the program (04:03)
Structure of the program
- In the first year you will follow a number of introductory courses to get an initial understanding of the background, nature and causes of wicked problems.
- In the second year you will further expand and deepen your knowledge of wicked problems.
- In the third year, the emphasis is on the practical integration of the acquired knowledge and insights by means of an (international) internship or project.
First Year Content
Second Year Content
Third Year Content
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
GMSI: a series of informal talk shows
For the Global Management of Social Issues program, various 'talk shows' have been recorded in which the program and the underlying themes are discussed in more detail. Check them out here!
Why Global Management of Social Issues in Tilburg?
- In this Bachelor's program you will learn to look beyond the borders of one specialization with this unique combination of disciplines.
- You will be part of a small-scale, international and interactive learning environment. The opportunity of socially and academically interacting with students from all parts of the world will enhance your critical thinking and broaden your worldview.
- Benefit from personal guidance and coaching from an academic mentor who will support you throughout your study trajectory and help you achieve your full potential. Watch a short video about our Program for Academic Study Success (PASS) (2:21 min), designed to support you during your studies.
- You can do an internship for one semester or study abroad at a partner university without any study delay.
- Through simulations, you will learn how to compose a team of experts to solve Wicked Problems.
Interested in the Bachelor's program in Global Management of Social Issues?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application