Program and courses BSc Human Resource Studies: People Management
In the Bachelor's program in Human Resources Studies: People Management, you will study the human side of business (people management). You will focus on the performance and efficiency of organizations as well as the well-being of their employees. People, work and management issues are approached from different disciplinary perspectives: psychology, sociology, economics and management studies.
Video: short overview of the program (02:52)
Structure of the program
Human Resource Studies: People Management has an international orientation, with an emphasis on the European context. This is reflected in the choice and content of the cases that you will study. The program has strong connections with large internationally operating companies and offers a strong interaction between academic approaches and real world problems. You will be trained to take evidence-based management decisions.
First Year Content
Second Year Content
Third Year Content
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
Why HRS: People Management in Tilburg?
- Become familiar with the four disciplines psychology, sociology, economics and management studies, which contribute to the study of people management and organizational problems. Due to the combination of the four perspectives and a focus on work, organization and people management, the program is unique for the Netherlands and Europe.
- Focus on social sciences and organizational issues, while also acquiring HR analytics skills, which are important in the current field of Human Resource Management.
- You benefit from an international and interactive learning environment in a small-scale classroom with 60% international students.
- Use your curriculum choices and mobility window to prepare for a Master’s program of your choice in one of the supporting disciplines and multidisciplinary programs.
- Tilburg University was the first to launch an academic Bachelor's program in HR (1986).
Small groups and guidance from a mentor
Interested in the Bachelor's program in Human Resource Studies: People Management?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application