Business Analytics and Operations Research
Learn to merge business, mathematics and statistics with advanced data science and optimization methods. After graduation, you will be ready to take on a wide range of applications, including inventory management, recommendation systems, vehicle routing, and scheduling.
National Student Survey, 2018 | n=27
Times Higher Education Ranking, 2019
National Alumni Survey, 2018 | n=23
Program and courses
Combine the fields of business, mathematics and statistics to make smarter management decisions based on quantitative tools and data.
- Learn theory and state of the art methods to solve complex business problems.
- Develop skills to communicate your findings efficiently with decision makers, while discussing real business cases of companies with both academics and professionals.
- In the first semester of the regular program, you can apply for the following additional advanced programs:
- The Extended Master, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
- The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Data Science Methods
- Professional Business Analytics Skills
Your quantitative modelling expertise will open up extensive career opportunities in the private sector, as well as in the public and non-profit sectors. Our alumni work within operations research firms, consultancy firms, operations research departments, and logistics applications providers.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Optimization Algorithm Expert at Quintiq
- Supply Chain Consultant at ORTEC
- Quantitative Analyst at Rabobank Nederland
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €3.363
- 97% of our alumni consider the program a good starting point for their career.
- 93% of our alumni would recommend the program to friends and colleagues
- 97% of our alumni is (very) satisfied with the program
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2018 (based on an average of our three econometric Master’s programs combined: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, and Business Analytics and Operations Research) | n=23
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Econometrics and Operations Research from Tilburg University School of Economics and Management
- A Bachelor's degree in Econometrics and Operations Research or a similar discipline from a university recognized by the Admissions Board
Available for Research University students, but not for graduates of a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one or more Master's programs and do you want to experience what it is like to follow this program(s) at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture! You can follow a regular lecture of the Master's program(s) of your choice in November and December, 2019.
10:00 - 14:45
Open Day Master's programs
The Open Day for Master's programs is on Saturday November 16, 2019. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere on our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the MSc Business Analytics and Operations Research?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application