Business Analytics and Operations Research
Learn to merge business, mathematics and statistics with advanced data science and optimization methods. After graduation, you will be ready to take on a wide range of applications, including inventory management, recommendation systems, vehicle routing, and scheduling.
National Student Survey, 2019 | n=26
US News Best Global Universities, 2021
National Alumni Survey, 2019 | n=17 (based on an average of our three econometric Master’s programs combined)
Program and courses
Combine the fields of business, mathematics and statistics to make smarter management decisions based on quantitative tools and data.
- Learn theory and state of the art methods to solve complex business problems.
- Develop skills to communicate your findings efficiently with decision makers, while discussing real business cases of companies with both academics and professionals.
- In the first semester of the regular program, you can apply for the following additional advanced programs:
- The Extended Master, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
- The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Data Science Methods
- Professional Business Analytics Skills
Your quantitative modelling expertise will open up extensive career opportunities in the private sector, as well as in the public and non-profit sectors. Our alumni work within operations research firms, consultancy firms, operations research departments, and logistics applications providers.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Optimization Algorithm Expert at Quintiq
- Supply Chain Consultant at ORTEC
- Quantitative Analyst at Rabobank Nederland
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €2,923
- 100% of our alumni consider the program a good starting point for their career, of which 84% to a (very) large extent
- 94% of our alumni would recommend the program to friends and colleagues.
- 95% of our alumni is (very) satisfied with the program.
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2019 (based on an average of our three econometric Master’s programs combined: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, and Business Analytics and Operations Research) | n=18
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Econometrics and Operations Research from Tilburg University School of Economics and Management
- A Bachelor's degree in Econometrics and Operations Research or a similar discipline from a university recognized by the Admissions Board
Available for Research University students, but not for graduates of a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
10:00 - 16:00
Tilburg University Today Live Webinars for Master's programs
The Tilburg University Today Live Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Master's programs. From September until December, we organize these webinars frequently.
Interested in the MSc Business Analytics and Operations Research?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application