Business Analytics and Operations Research
Combine the fields of business, mathematics and statistics within advanced data science and optimization methods. After graduation, you will be ready to address a wide range of applications, including inventory management, recommendation systems, vehicle routing, and scheduling.
National Student Survey, 2017 | n=10
Times Higher Education Ranking, 2017
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=25
Program and courses
Combine the fields of business, mathematics and statistics to make smarter management decisions based on quantitative tools and data.
- Learn the theory and state of the art methods to solve complex business problems.
- Develop the skills to communicate your findings efficiently with decision makers, while discussing real business cases of companies with both academics and professionals.
- Small, interactive classes with approachable and supportive professors.
- In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the following on top of programs:
* The Extended Master, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Data Science Methods
- Professional Business Analytics Skills
Your quantitative modelling expertise will open up extensive career opportunities in the private sector, as well as in the public and non-profit sectors. Our alumni work within operations research firms, consultancy firms, operations research departments, and logistics applications providers.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Optimization Algorithm Expert at Quintiq
- Supply Chain Consultant at ORTEC
- Quantitative Analyst at Rabobank Nederland
- Number of months until first paid job: 1.1
- Finds a job within 3 months after graduation: 92%
- Finds a job within 1 month after graduation: 76%
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €3.226
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 (based on an average of our three econometric Master’s programs combined: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, and Business Analytics and Operations Research) | n=25
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Econometrics and Operations Research from Tilburg University School of Economics and Management
- A Bachelor's degree in Econometrics and Operations Research or a similar discipline from a university recognized by the Admissions Board
Available for Research University students, but not for graduates of a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 14,500|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master’s program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
Interested in the MSc Business Analytics and Operations Research?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application