Two new Master’s tracks about culture in the online-offline nexus
Tilburg University launches two new Master’s tracks within the MA in Culture Studies: Art and Media Studies and Digital Culture Studies. The new tracks will start at the end of August 2020 and replace the Master’s track 'Online Culture'.
Would you like to…
Study art, culture and media in the context of the digital society we live in today?
Learn how to turn academic content into publications accessible to a wider public?
Test the impact of your publications on the online platform Diggit Magazine, that attracts readers from all over the world?
Then have a look at these innovative new Master’s programs!
Art and Media Studies
Focuses on artistic and creative practices and aesthetic concepts that can be found online as well as offline. In this track you will:
- Gain knowledge on artistic practices and their contributions to the democratic, digital and mediatized public sphere.
- Combine cultural studies and media studies, enabling you to analyze and understand artistic and cultural performances in online and offline contexts, and to communicate about them professionally.
- Become prepared for jobs in the cultural field, such as cultural organisations, news and media environments, and with museums and event organizers.
Typical courses are:
Digital Culture Studies
Focuses on how digitalization affects our cultures. In this research-oriented track you will:
- Analyze the way new technologies and modes of social interaction re-arrange and innovate how we relate to others.
- Study how these phenomena change our identities, communities and norms for conduct. And learn about the inclusionary and exclusionary effects in contemporary digital culture, as well as their impact on social structure.
- Become prepared for a career in - among others - journalism, new media and creative industries, academia and policy-making.
Typical courses are:
Master’s programs Open day
Saturday, April 18th | 10.00 -15.00
- Get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master’s programs
- Speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors
- Get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus