Extended Master Organization Studies
In the Extended Master Organization Studies you will follow a junior traineeship at a partner organization. The Extended Master Organization Studies is a 1.5 year program (90 ECTS) in which you’ll combine scientific research during the Master's thesis trajectory with in-depth work experience in an organization.
Short overview of the Extended Master
The Extended Master Organization Studies is a master's program lasting one-and-a-half year (90 ECTS), divided into three semesters.
- In the first semester, you follow the courses of the regular Master's program. In the second and third semester you will do a junior traineeship in one of the partner organizations of the Department of Organization Studies.
- During your junior traineeship, as of the second semester (unit 3), you will spend an average of 50% of the week on your Master's thesis research. The other 50% of the week you will carry out (project) activities for the partner organization, making you acquainted with different stages and aspects of organizational analysis and organizational change processes.
Partner organizations 2018-2019
Why the Extended Master?
- You will strengthen your career prospects by adding a professional traineeship to your Master’s program.
- You will broaden your knowledge of organizational life.
- You will work on a Master thesis that is relevant to the organization. As such, it helps to practically implement theoretically-based research questions.
- You will become familiar with situations in which you’ll have to apply scientific theories and methods to resolve practical problems.
- You will explore the work environment of your choosing and discover whether you like it or not.
- You will be prepared for and have a good orientation of the labor market.
- You can get access to organizations otherwise difficult to get into.
Application and Admission
The Extended Master Organization Studies will be offered again in 2019-2020 to about 30 to 40 students. To apply for the Extended Master Organization Studies, you will need to be admitted to the Master’s program in Organization Studies
Matching Day: 16 May 2019
Deadline for application: 27 May 2019
- For more information about the application and selection process of the Extended Master Organization Studies and the organizational setup, please have a look at the document Extended Master Organization Studies 2019-2020.
- For master’s students of 2018-2019, the manual is available on the MSOS/MTOS Blackboard page.
For any questions you may have about the Extended Master’s program, please ask your question by e-mail to the coordinator of the Extended Master Organization Studies Hans van Dijk.