Extended Master Organization Studies
In the Extended Master Organization Studies you will follow a junior traineeship at a partner organization. The Extended Master Organization Studies is a 1.5 year program in which you’ll combine scientific research during the Master's thesis trajectory with in-depth work experience in an organization. This extensive experience will boost your position in the job market.
Short overview of the Extended Master
The Extended Master Organization Studies is a master's program lasting one-and-a-half year, divided into three semesters.
- In the first semester, you follow the courses of the regular Organization Studies Master's program.
- In the second and third semester you will do a junior traineeship in one of the partner organizations of the Department of Organization Studies.
- During your junior traineeship, you will spend an average of 50% of the week on your Master's thesis research.
- The other 50% of the week you will carry out (project) activities for the partner organization, making you acquainted with different stages and aspects of organizational analysis and organizational change processes.
Overview of partner organizations 2021 -2022
Why the Extended Master?
- You will strengthen your career prospects by adding a professional traineeship to your Master’s program.
- You will broaden your knowledge of organizational life.
- You will work on a Master thesis that is relevant to the organization. As such, it helps to practically implement theoretically-based research questions.
- You will become familiar with situations in which you’ll have to apply scientific theories and methods to resolve practical problems.
- You will explore the work environment of your choosing and discover whether you like it or not.
- You will be prepared for and have a good orientation of the labor market.
- You can get access to organizations otherwise difficult to get into.
Application and Admission
The Extended Master Organization Studies will be offered again in 2021-2022 to about 30 to 40 students.
On May 20, 2021, there will be a Matching Day from 15.00h – 18.00h, during which you can informally meet the partner organizations.
- The Matching Day will take place digitally.
- Participation in the Matching Day is optional, but highly recommended.
- If you would like to participate in the Matching Day, please send an e-mail to Secretariat Organization Studies by May 11th latest.
To apply to the Extended Master Organization Studies, you need to apply to the organizations that you would like to be admitted to.
- There are two rounds in which you can apply, and in each round, you can apply to a maximum of two organizations. The deadline for the first round is May 24, 2021, and the deadline for the second round is June 16, 2021.
- Each application should consist of a motivation letter directed to the specific partner organization of your choosing, and your CV. Please send your applications to Secretariat Organization Studies.
- To participate in the Extended Master Organization Studies, you will need to be admitted to the Master’s program in Organization Studies.
More information about the Extended Master Organization Studies can be found in the program manual.
For any remaining questions you may have about the Extended Master’s program, please ask your question by e-mail to the coordinator of the Extended Master Organization Studies Hans van Dijk.