Program and courses Double degree in Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology
Graduate with two full Master’s degrees and combine the Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology track at Osnabrück with one of two tracks offered by Tilburg University: Economic Psychology or Work and Organizational Psychology.
This two-year program consists of 120 credits (ECTS):
- Courses from the track Economic Psychology or Work and Organizational Psychology at Tilburg University (24 ECTS)
- Courses from the program in Cross-Cultural Psychology at Osnabrück (59-60 ECTS)
- Master's internship (18 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis (18 ECTS)
The Double degree in Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology is taught at both University of Osnabrück and Tilburg University, divided into four semesters. You will spend the first and last semester at Tilburg University. You will spend the second and third semesters at the University of Osnabrück.
Courses at Tilburg University
24 ECTS of the MSc in Social Psychology, with a selection of 1 of these 2 programs:
The first and fourth semesters you will spend at Tilburg University. During the first semester, you will take the courses of blocks 1 and 2. During the fourth semester, you will take the last course (in block 3) of one of the programs Economic Psychology or Work and Organizational Psychology.
Courses at the University of Osnabrück
59-60 ECTS in Cross-Cultural Psychology courses during your second and third semester, more specifically:
- German (or other) Language Course (6 ECTS)
- Selected Topics Development and Culture (4 ECTS)
- Methods of Cross-Cultural Business Psychology (4 ECTS)
- Selected Topics of Cross-Cultural Business Psychology (4 ECTS)
- Intercultural Competencies (4 ECTS)
- Intercultural Management* (10 ECTS)
- Development and Diagnostic (4 ECTS)
- Culture and Development* (4 ECTS)
- Introduction to Cross-Cultural Business Psychology* (4 ECTS)
- Introduction to Cross-Culture Social Psychology* (4 ECTS)
- Study project with focus Cross-Cultural Psychology (8 ECTS)
- Additional elective**: Intercultural Competences (5 ECTS)
- Colloquium with Focus on Cross-Cultural Psychology (3 ECTS)
* Lectures are in German; slides, books, articles, assignments, and exams are in English.
**The credits of the additional elective course will not be part of the official 120 ECTS DD program; however, the credits will be added to the transcript of records of the Degree at the University of Osnabrück as an extracurricular course, if completed.
Course lists may be subject to change. Before students start at the host institution, a course plan will be approved by both institutions.
Please keep in mind that some lectures will be taught in German. However, powerpoint sheets, books, articles and exams are in English. In your first semester at Tilburg University, you can participate in a German language course for free. Also, you have a compulsory language course as part of your curriculum in your first semester at the University of Osnabrück.
- The internship (18 ECTS) will take place in semester 4 at Tilburg University. The internship will start in block 4, but it’s possible to already start your internship in block 3.
- An internship (in the Netherlands) is embedded in the program. In this way, you can gain practical experience by applying the theories you have learned and the skills you have obtained in practice.
- You have to arrange the internship yourself, so you can decide which internship is most interesting and most suitable for you.
- During your Master’s program at Tilburg University you will take a series of modular workshops developed with Career Services to help you prepare for applying for an internship.
- In the workshop 'Talent Management' you will get to know yourself better and become more aware of how you can translate your personal qualities, motivations, and ambitions into a career that really suits you.
- In the workshop 'Talent Pitch' you will learn how to effectively prepare and present yourself in the best possible way to future employers.
- The program also offers an Internship Market (Internship Market MSc Economic Psychology & MSc Work and Organizational Psychology | Tilburg University), where students will get to know different organizations from the job market. All organizations offer one (or more) internships. Students can easily get in touch with the organizations and learn more about their business and the internships they offer.
Master’s thesis at Tilburg University
- You will start writing you Master's thesis in the first semester of the program.
- The Master’s thesis (18 ECTS) will be under joint supervision of Tilburg University and the University of Osnabrück (a member of the University of Osnabrück may act as an external supervisor).
- You can choose your own research topic, but the topic should be closely related to the research programs.
- The thesis takes the form of a scientific journal article, written in English, ready to be submitted to an APA journal.
- Dependent on the choice of the colloquium, you might need to complete a paper worth 1 ECTS at Tilburg to fulfill the 120 ECTS requirement.
Watch a trial lecture
Please note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
Do you want to know more about this Master’s program?
Find out more during one of our events
Short overview of the Double degree in Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology
- Combine the best of two outstanding universities and graduate with two full Master's degrees.
- You only write one Master's thesis.
- Get practical experience by doing an internship.
- Get the ultimate international experience by studying in Germany and in the Netherlands.
Interested in the Double degree in Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application