Career prospects Double Degree program in Sociology and Population Studies
As a graduate of the Double Degree program in Sociology and Population Studies you may be employed as researcher, policy officer, advisor or management team member. Your work may be in the field of labor and employment, culture, welfare, recreation, entertainment or health care.
Knowledge and skills
Dependent on your specialization (Politics, Policy and Society in Comparative Perspective, or Health, Wellbeing and Society) you will become a specialist on the analysis and solution to today's social issues. As a graduate, you will have two full Master's degrees, making you a desirable candidate for many high-level jobs.
Recent placements include:
- Policy Officer at Ministerie van Veiligheid en Justitie
- Health care research | Primary care | Data-analist | NIVEL
- Researcher - Advisor PON, research organization in the social and cultural domain
- Junior researcher at Mulier Institute
- Project manager at Tilburg University
- Researcher in regional identities in North-Brabant at Tilburg University
- Journalist at BN de Stem
- Teacher Secondary School
- Policy advisor Catharina Hospital
- Gross monthly salary: €2,519.-
- 82% would choose the same program again, at the same university
- 72% of the graduates is (very) satisfied with the program
- 70% of our alumni find a job within 6 months after graduation
Source: National Alumni Survey, recent graduates 2021 | n=11
Become a teacher
Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge with others? If you are a Dutch graduate, you can follow an educational post-master after your Master’s program and become a teacher in Secondary School.
After your Master's
Your transition to the labor market
We help you prepare for your transition to the labor market by offering a number of career services:
Coaching, support and training courses offered by our Student Career Services to improve your employability and communication skills.
Dedicated Career Services Officers who can give you individual career guidance or help you to find interesting and relevant internships.
Familiarize yourself with the labor market and meet potential employers by participating in several career events, which are organized every year in collaboration with the study associations.
To those who wish to discover and develop their entrepreneurial talent, we offer education and support services.
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
After obtaining a Master’s degree in the Netherlands, non-EEA students can apply for a residence permit under the Orientation Year for Highly Educated Persons’ scheme. This allows you to spend a period of up to twelve months in the Netherlands to find employment.
Interested in the Double degree in Sociology and Population Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application