Entrepreneurial Literacy Initiative
The Entrepreneurial Literacy Initiative (ELI) is an online extracurricular course for Tilburg University Bachelor's and Master's students that provides tools to reflect and plan for an entrepreneurial career. If you have entrepreneurship at the back of your mind, ELI will help you discover if it fits your lifetime goals, talents, and personality.
What will the Entrepreneurial Literacy Initiative teach you?
Through ELI you will learn:
- Key facts and statistics about entrepreneurship, such as founders’ background, risk-return considerations, psychological 'summits and valleys'
- Relevant career and personal development techniques, such as how to cope with failure or whether and how to prepare for an entrepreneurial career
- Key traits of your personality and how they relate to entrepreneurship, also reflecting about your lifetime personal and professional goals
- How to prepare for your future entrepreneurial ventures, such as building credibility, assembling teams, raising finance.
A brief introduction to ELI and its co-founders
How ELI works
ELI gives you access to a truly innovative EdTech experience:
- It is fully online and modular, meaning you can take it at your own pace: completing it in a few weeks or following a suggested weekly frequency.
- It uses a combination of video and audio podcasts, interactive business cases, video lectures, knowledge clips, with some synchronous sessions and more!
- For those willing, there will also be a chance to meet students from other fields of study, and e-collaborate on some tasks.
- It is free and runs between November 2023 and June 2024. You can join anytime!
- You can earn a 2 ects Edubadge that you can boast on LinkedIn.
- All students enrolled in a Master's or Bachelor's program at Tilburg University are invited to apply.
- You can signal your interest for the next ELI intake via the information link below.
- We will then notify you once we hold information sessions in block 1 and when we open our Canvas page for enrollment.
Interested in the Entrepreneurial Literacy Initiative?
Please leave your details and we will inform you when registration opens.
ELI is a creation of Marco Da Rin and Martí Guasch (aka ‘the M&M studios’). Marco & Martî met in Tilburg in 2019, and shared a common vision for an initiative that would give students an idea of what going for such a career would require, whether it would suit their goals, and how to prepare for getting there. Their ambition is to make students and young adults ‘literate’ about what entrepreneurship means as a career, bringing them to make wise choices for their future.
Martí Guasch is Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship and Accounting, ESADE Business School. He was formerly at Tilburg and is a former entrepreneur.