Career prospects Human Resource Studies
You become an HR professional with strong analytical, strategic and leadership qualities. You are well prepared for a career in the public and private sectors, but also for research and consultancy. You understand the foundations of HR decisions, as well as their consequences on employee well-being, performance and work. As an all-round HR professional or specialist, you are able to implement new HR policies in the context of a changing environment.
Knowledge and skills
- After completing this program you are able to analyze and advise on HR, work, and organizational matters in a professional, analytical, and strategic way. You understand the causes and consequences of HR decisions and are able to translate these into employee well-being and performance.
- The Master's program in Human Resource Studies prepares you for HR positions in the public and private sectors, as well as for careers in research and consultancy. As an all-round HR professional or specialist, you could work in Talent Management, HR analytics, or Compensation & Benefits. Graduates usually progress quickly in their careers to senior, strategic, and managerial roles.
Typical starting positions after graduation:
- HR Business Analyst
- Junior HR Officer
- HR Advisor
- HR Consultant in consultancy firm
- HR Coordinator
- Global Mobility Manager
- HR specialist (e.g., Compensation & Benefits; Talent Management; Performance Management; Diversity & Inclusion)
Recent placements include:
- Interim Consultant at ECORYS
- HR business analist at KPN
- Jr. HR-Officer at Campina
- HR Advisor at Primatch Recruitment & Selectie
- HR Coordinator at Royal Haskoning
- HR assistant Compensation and Benefits at Mercer
- Researcher Comp & Ben at Health Care Organization
- Global Mobility Manager at Boxx© expat solutions
Anne van BellenHR Business Partner at 4PS
"The diversity of HR themes has contributed to my development as an HR professional. The evidence-based attitude that was required of me, comes in handy in my current job."
Eva TholenHR consultant at Cordaet
"I learned how HR can contribute to organizational goals. My knowledge of, and focus on the human aspect, helps me advise and include colleagues."
- 85% would choose the same master’s program again, at the same university
- On average 2 months until first paid job
- 97% find a job within 6 months after graduation
- 92% would recommend the program to friends, family or colleagues
- Gross monthly income: €2,951
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021| n = 31
After your Master's
Your transition to the labor market
We help you prepare for your transition to the labor market by offering a number of career services:
Coaching, support and training courses offered by our Student Career Services to improve your employability and communication skills.
Dedicated Career Services Officers who can give you individual career guidance or help you to find interesting and relevant internships.
Familiarize yourself with the labor market and meet potential employers by participating in several career events, which are organized every year in collaboration with the study associations.
To those who wish to discover and develop their entrepreneurial talent, we offer education and support services.
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
After obtaining a Master’s degree in the Netherlands, non-EEA students can apply for a residence permit under the Orientation Year for Highly Educated Persons’ scheme. This allows you to spend a period of up to twelve months in the Netherlands to find employment.
Interested in the MSc Human Resource Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application