Labour Law and Employment Relations (Arbeidsrecht)(LLM)
Integrate labour law, social policy and human resource management to take a European perspective on the international labour market. You will combine knowledge of these different fields with a modern skill-set, which will make you a highly sought-after professional in the field of employment relations. In the Master’s Labour Law and Employment Relations, you learn to solve complex legal and policy issues that arise in an international market with free movement policies for employees and companies.
Elsevier Beste Studies (2023)
for an internship
Program and courses
Combine the field of international labour law with courses in the fields of social policy, labour market, and human resources studies.
- The program ensures that you get a thorough understanding of the individual and collective labour law systems governing the different markets.
- Doing an internship is part of the curriculum, which allows you to put theory into practice
- This program offers a unique combination of courses in the fields of human resource studies, social policy and European labour law.
- You will become part of a strong community of (international) students and research experts.
- The program offers preparatory courses to bridge any knowledge gaps in your educational background.
Typical courses are:
- Inclusive HRM
- International Labour Law and Globalisation
- Transnational Labour Law
Dagny Dagný Ósk Aradóttir PindLawyer at BSRB - Federation of State and Municipal Employees in Iceland
"Even though I knew the program was interdisciplinary I think the value of that has most positively surprised me. Labour market issues are complex, and even as a lawyer it is important to be able to look at things from different perspectives and disciplines."
JeremyHR Policy and Employee Relations Officer (at the OSCE)
"The program’s multidisciplinary approach provided me with the skills necessary to identify and translate relevant legal framework into internal policies and procedures. It allowed me to understand interdependencies, and translate complex legal matters."
As a Master of Laws in Labour Law and Employment Relations you will be able to look beyond specializations and international borders.
- The combination of expertise in labour law, social policy, human resource management, gives you an excellent foundation and a competitive edge for positions in international labour law and HRM-related professions.
- Potential employers include international corporations, NGOs, labour unions, law firms, universities and consulting firms.
Alumni facts Tilburg Law School
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2.35
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: € 3,013.-
Bron: National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n = 98
Application and admission
This Master's program starts
At the end of August and end of January.
Best preparatory programs
A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree in:
- Social Science
- Liberal Arts and Sciences (major in law or social sciences)
Available, but only in Dutch and for students with a hbo-Rechten Bachelor’s degree. The one-year pre-Master’s program starts at the end of August.
Tuition fees and cost of living
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 16:00
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Join our Campus Experience on January 31 or February 21! Discover our compact and green campus with one of our students and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
To be announced
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
Are you curious about the experiences of international students like you? Join our Get to know Tilburg University Webinar led by our international team and discover what it is like to study at Tilburg University! It is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, and our university. The next Orientation Webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
To be announced
Application and Admission - Webinar for Master’s programs
Are you interested in a Master’s program at Tilburg University, and do you want to know more about the application procedure for international students? Take the first step towards a successful application by joining our Application and Admission Webinar for our Master’s programs. The next webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
Interested in the LLM Labour Law and Employment Relations?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application