International Business Law: Digital Innovation in Commerce and Finance (LLM)
Examine the role of lawyers in an environment where new technologies and the call for socially responsible practices change the way in which we conduct business. Become a creative lawyer who operates as a transaction engineer, facilitates new forms of business, negotiates deals and assists start-ups. Learn how to apply human-centered design to prevent or solve legal problems. International Business Law: Digital Innovation in Commerce and Finance (LLM) offers a blend of online and offline learning.
Online or on campus
Elsevier Beste Studies 2022
Program and courses
With this innovative Master's program, the #1 Law School in the Netherlands (THE, 2023) opens its doors to all students, either in Tilburg or anywhere in the world, and offers you an "open-world" experience. As a working professional you can also attend this academically innovative Master’s program online next to your job.
The program focuses on the following areas
- You learn to think creatively and out of the box. You will analyze complex situations and learn to communicate solutions in presentations or in video format (vlogs, podcasts, etc.).
- The program offers a focus on entrepreneurship, equipping you to tell your own 'brand-story' in a changing work-environment.
- You learn to work as part of a team with diverse national or disciplinary backgrounds.
- This program has an extensive global network of practitioners, lawyers, regulators, policymakers and alumni.
- Choose whether you want to take this program online or on campus. This hybrid structure has been highly rated by current students.
- International Business Law: Contracts and Governance
- International Business Law and Technology
- Banking and Securities Regulation
- International Company Law
- International Competition Law
- Legal Negotiation Workshop
Lucy PetkovaTender Business Support Manager | Phillips
"The IBL Program trained us to be a new kind of lawyer - one who has a broader view of the defining factors of international business and is equipped to successfully navigate an interconnected business environment, saturated by new technologies."
Lars HodelHead Legal & Compliance | Bitcoin Suisse AG, Switzerland
"This Master’s program covered innovative topics in an international environment which enables me now to actively shape my legal role, lead a team, and stay agile in a dynamic industry."
As a Master of Laws in International Business Law: Digital Innovation in Commerce and Finance, you are well prepared for a career as a professional business lawyer or an in-house counsel of corporation. Graduates of this program have become lawyers in civil service and transnational associations (both for-profit and non-profit) as well. They also work in consultancy, research and policy-making.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs
- Lawyer at EY (Russia)
- Personal Care Legal Business Partner BG at Philips (Netherlands)
- Lecturer in Business Law at the University of Leeds (United Kingdom)
- CEO and co-founder of a FinTech start-up (Netherlands)
- Head Legal and Compliance at a regulated crypto financial broker, asset manager and service provider (Switzerland)
- Director Data Analytics at a global commercial real estate services organization (Netherlands)
Alumni facts Tilburg Law School
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2,35
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: €3,013.-
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021| n = 98
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory program:
- A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree in Law
- A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree in a Law related field
Available, but only in Dutch and for students with a HBO Recht Bachelor’s degree. The one-year pre-Master’s program starts end of August and is offered on campus.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 16:00
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Join our Campus Experience on October 18 or January 31! Discover our compact and green campus with one of our students and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
16:00 - 17:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
Are you curious about the experiences of international students like you? Join our Get to know Tilburg University Webinar led by our international team and discover what it is like to study at Tilburg University! It is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, and our university. You can join the webinar at 10:00 or 16:00 on October 19.
09:15 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Are you interested in doing a Master's program? Do you want to specialize or are you looking for a Master that broadens your possibilities? Join us at the Master's Open Day on November 18th to find out which (pre-)Master's program suits you best. Learn all about our (pre-)Master’s programs and tracks, and ask teachers, students, and education coordinators your questions.
Interested in the LLM International Business Law: Digital Innovation in Commerce and Finance?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application