Strategic Management: Entrepreneurship
Learn how to recognize business challenges and design strategies to ensure long-term success. The Entrepreneurship track of the MSc Strategic Management specializes in the study of entrepreneurial behavior in large firms and start-ups, and challenges you to think differently about strategic choices.
Elsevier Best Studies, 2023
US News Best Global Universities, 2023
National Student Survey 2023| n=52 (Strategic Management total)
Program and courses
Learn how to make strategic decisions and implement them to achieve business success, with an additional focus on entrepreneurial opportunities and challenges.
- Taught by renowned professors representing some of the world's leading expertise in the discipline.
- Works with small-scale tutorials to facilitate teamwork.
- Strong connection with business practice through real-world cases, practical assignments and guest lectures.
- Close collaboration with study association Asset and Career Services to reflect on your future career.
- You can also apply for the following additional advanced programs:
* The Extended Master's Program, which adds a half year traineeship to the regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
- This Entrepreneurship track of the Master Strategic Management only starts in January. If you want to take the Consultancy track, you must start the Master Strategic Management program in September.
Typical courses are:
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- Strategy Implementation
Levi van de WalMaster's student
"I would definitely recommend this Master’s program to prospective students if they are interested in consultancy or entrepreneurship and want to know more about strategy."
Youri van DrielMaster's student
"The Master combines interesting academic theories with practical execution in the form of projects for real clients."
Kees van RengsSustainable entrepreneur
"During my studies I started my own company. Apart from it being something I’ve always had, it’s also partly thanks to James Small. He introduced me to the knowledge and statistics that made me understand where the world is at, which triggered me to contribute to the solution of complex problems in our society."
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): Master of Science.
The Master's program in Strategic Management prepares you for jobs that require the ability to identify, analyze and solve the major strategic issues faced by various types of organizations - valuable expertise that delivers abundant career opportunities.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Mobile Manager Benelux at Google
- Account Manager at Canon
- Young Executive Programme at PostNL
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2.53
- Is (very) satisfied with their Master's program: 89%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 3,334
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=45 (both tracks Strategic Management)
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of January
Best preparatory programs:
- A Bachelor’s degree from Tilburg University in Business Economics, International Business Administration, or Economics & Business Economics
- Bachelors with a solid foundation in Management and Organization, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Research methods and Academic
Open to both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
16:00 - 17:00
Application and Admission - Webinar for Master’s programs
Are you interested in a Master’s program at Tilburg University, and do you want to know more about the application procedure for international students? Take the first step towards a successful application by joining our Application and Admission Webinar for our Master’s programs. You can join the webinar at 10:00 or 16:00 on December 1.
13:30 - 16:00
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Join our Campus Experience on January 31 or February 21! Discover our compact and green campus with one of our students and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
To be announced
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
Are you curious about the experiences of international students like you? Join our Get to know Tilburg University Webinar led by our international team and discover what it is like to study at Tilburg University! It is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, and our university. The next Orientation Webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
Interested in the MSc Strategic Management?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application