Program and courses Marketing Management
Become an expert on analyzing and interpreting consumer and business markets. Your broad theoretical knowledge and practical skills will make you an all-round marketing professional who knows how to put theory into practice.
This one-year program consists of 60 credits (ECTS):
- 5 core courses (30 ECTS)
- 2 elective courses (12 ECTS)
- Several optional Career Development Marketing workshops, lectures, and events (0 ECTS)
- 1 Master’s thesis (18 ECTS)
You can start either at the end of August or at the end of January.
You will follow these 5 core courses (30 ECTS):
- Brand Management
- Marketing Channel Management
- Marketing Communication
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Introduction to Research in Marketing (Fall) (for students who start in the fall semester)/ Introduction to Research in Marketing (Spring) (for students who start in the spring semester)
You can choose 2 elective courses (12 ECTS) from the following:
- Conjoint Analysis
- Market Assessment
- Digital Media
- Consumer Research
- Pricing and Monetization Strategies
- International Marketing (advised for February entrants only)
You can also follow these 2 optional advanced courses:
- L’Oreal Brandstorm Challenge (2 ECTS)
Every year we challenge a number of our enthousiastic students to participate in this challenge. Teachers of our department will coach these students towards the finals.
- Career Development Marketing (0 ECTS)
Several optional Career Development Marketing workshops, lectures, and events. (Career events are not mandatory but can prepare you for the labor market)
You need to write a Master’s thesis (18 ECTS).
Watch a trial lecture
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
Do you want to know more about this Master’s program?
Find out more during one of our events
Make the most of your Master's
In the first semester of the regular program, ambitious students can apply for the following additional advanced programs:
Extended Master's Program: traineeship (+0.5 years)
Short overview of the Extended Master's Program
During your traineeship, you work on practical assignments for a company, follow professional skills courses, and receive mentoring and guidance. By increasing your professional experience, skills, and network like this, you seriously boost your chances in the job market.
- If selected, you will fulfill your traineeship from April to October. On average, you will work four days at the company, and attend skills training once a week at Tilburg University. In addition to this, company visits will be organized in the Extended Master's Program network.
- If both you and the company are happy with the results, you are welcome to extend the traineeship by writing your Master's thesis at the company. Your research topic then needs to be approved by the Tilburg University thesis coordinator.
- There are no administrative or participation fees for taking part in the Extended Master's Program. You will pay the regular tuition fees for the extra six months the Extended Master's Program takes.
Application and admission
You can apply for the Extended Master's Program once you've started the regular Master's program.
QTEM program: study abroad and traineeship (+1 year)
This Master's program is a proud partner of the prestigious Quantitative Techniques for Economics and Management (QTEM) network.
- Excellent and ambitious students have the opportunity to extend their one-year Master's program with an additional year.
- In this additional year, they can spend up to two semesters at different QTEM partner universities, and do an internship abroad at one of the corporate partners. Corporate partners include McKinsey, Bain, Deloitte, and ABInBev.
- Successful QTEM students are awarded the QTEM Network Certificate.
Application and admission
You can apply for the QTEM program once you've started with the regular Master's program.
Entrepreneurial Literacy Initiative: online extracurricular program
Entrepreneurial Literacy Initiative (ELI) is an online extracurricular program that provides Master's students with tools to reflect and plan for an entrepreneurial career. Overall, ELI can be a very useful experience if you have entrepreneurship on your mind. —either right after graduation or later in your career! If you are unsure whether entrepreneurship fits you and your goals, ELI will help you find out.
Application and admission
All students enrolled in a Master's program at TiSEM are invited to apply.
Or you can go for two full Master's degrees by:
- Pursuing a two-year double degree program with one of our international partner universities.
- Combining two of our Master's in marketing and be an expert in both research methods and managerial aspects of marketing.
Double degree: study abroad (+1 year)
Benefits of choosing a double degree
- A great opportunity to expand quantitative and financial knowledge and skills.
- Because of your wide perspective in addressing international issues, you have gained a competitive edge in the job market; potential employers highly value international exposure and experience.
- Experience two distinct academic, social, and cultural environments.
- LUISS Guido Carli University in Rome, Italy
Application and admission
You can't apply for the double degree program directly. Once you've started the regular master's program, you can apply for the double degree program. There will be a selection process, so please keep in mind that there is no absolute guarantee that you can start the double degree program.
Double degree: combine two Master's in Marketing (at the same time or consecutively)
If you are an ambitious student, it might be interesting to combine your Master's program in Marketing Management with a Master's program in Marketing Analytics. You can become an expert in both research methods and managerial aspects of marketing.
If you meet all the entry requirements of both masters, you can do both Master's programs at the same time or consecutively.
As two courses (max. 12 ECTS) of one master can count in Marketing Management and be exempted in Marketing Analytics and vice versa, you only need two times 48 ECTS instead of two times 60 ECTS to get both degrees. The thesis is never exempted.
Always contact the education coordinator when you consider combining both Master’s programs: email@example.com.
Short overview of Marketing Management
An excellent toolbox to analyze and interpret consumer and business markets with.
- Outstanding track record of students and staff. Multiple teachers have won innovation- and best teaching awards.
- Strong connection with business practice. Business challenges, company guest lectures, and actual business cases ensure a strong connection between marketing theory and practice.
- As an outstanding student you’ll have the opportunity to combine this program with the MSc Marketing Analytics.
Our vision on education
Every university has its own vision on how to give the best education. As a prospective student, you can check whether this education profile is right for you. Will you feel at home at Tilburg University? Our education is aimed at in-depth academic knowledge, training in professional skills and personal development. All this is covered by the Tilburg Education Profile.
Interested in the MSc Marketing Management?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application