Accountancy: CFA track
Become an investment banker or financial specialist. The CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) track gives you full knowledge and understanding of financial accounting, management control, and other related subjects. Upon completion of the CFA track, you will be fully prepared to take the exam for the Chartered Financial Analysts qualification. This is a track of MSc in Accountancy
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=39
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=39
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=38
Program and courses
In the CFA track of the Master’s program in Accountancy, you follow core accounting courses and Finance electives such as investment analysis and advanced corporate finance.
- Become fully prepared to sit the CFA exams upon completion of the program.
- Strong links with practice.
The content of this program is established in close cooperation with leading multinational companies. You will study real cases, work on assignments and frequently attend lectures of important corporate guest speakers. You will also have the opportunity to do an internship as a practical and in depth basis for your Master's thesis.
- Ambitious Accountancy students can also apply for the following:
* The Extended Master, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
- This program is a stepping stone to the Post-Master Accountancy, European Post-Master Accountancy and the Post-Master's program Executive Master of Finance and Control.
- This is a track of MSc in Accountancy. You specialize by following one of its tracks.
Typical courses are:
- Investment Analysis
- Corporate Financial Reporting
- Financial Analysis and Investment Behavior
Your Master's degree in Accountancy from Tilburg University opens outstanding career opportunities, whether your future is in accounting, business, finance, or management, here in the Netherlands or internationally.
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): Master of Science (MSc) in Accountancy
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Finance Trainee at ABN AMRO
- Business Intelligence Consultant at Achmea Holding
- Commercial Management Accountant at Royal FrieslandCampina
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2
- Finds a job within 6 months after graduation: 95%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,643
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=39
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- Most Bachelor’s programs of Tilburg University School of Economics of Management will qualify.
- Bachelors with a solid basis in Mathematics and Statistics, Academic Training, Accounting, Finance, and Economics, Management or Marketing.
Available for both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 6 April 2019 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one or more Master's programs and do you want to experience what it is like to follow this program(s) at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture! You can follow a regular lecture of the Master's program(s) of your choice in November and December, 2019.
Interested in the CFA track of the MSc Accountancy?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application