Accountancy: CFA track
Become an investment banker or financial specialist. The Master’s program in Accountancy equips you with the knowledge and understanding of financial accounting, management control, and other related subjects. The CFA track offers you the opportunity to acquire the prestigious Chartered Financial Analysts qualification.
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=39
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=39
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=38
Program and courses
In the CFA track of the Master’s program in Accountancy you follow core accounting courses supplemented by finance electives such as investment analysis.
- Become adequately prepared to sit the CFA exams upon completion of the program.
- This program is a stepping stone to the Post-Master Accountancy, European Post-Master Accountancy and the Post-Master's program Executive Master of Finance and Control.
- Strong links with practice. The content of the program is established in consultation with leading companies. Work on practice oriented cases, assignments and follow lectures of guest speakers on a regular basis; with the possibility to do an internship as common basis for your Master's thesis.
- In the first semester of the regular program, Accountancy students can also apply for the following on top of programs:
* The Extended Master, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Investment Analysis
- Corporate Financial Reporting
- Financial Analysis and Investment Behavior
Your Master's degree in Accountancy from Tilburg University opens outstanding career opportunities, whether your future is in accounting, business, finance, or management, here in the Netherlands or internationally.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Finance Trainee at ABN AMRO
- Business Intelligence Consultant at Achmea Holding
- Commercial Management Accountant at Royal FrieslandCampina
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2
- Finds a job within 6 months after graduation: 95%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,643
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=39
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- Most Bachelor’s programs of Tilburg University School of Economics of Management will qualify.
- Bachelors with a solid basis in Mathematics and Statistics, Academic Training, Accounting, Finance, and Economics, Management or Marketing.
Available for both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 17 November 2018 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from February 1st until May 31st, 2019.
Interested in the CFA track of the MSc Accountancy?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application