Successful decision-making in organizations rests on the use of accurate and reliable information. Accounting is at the cross-section of data analysis, information provision, and human decision-making. In the Master’s program Accountancy, you gain in-depth knowledge in leading international accounting standards, forecasting a firm’s value, and executing management control, as well as the emerging topics of sustainability (reporting) and data analytics.
with its unique practice- and academic-orientated Master File
National Student Survey 2023 (n=44)
Program and courses
Our 1-year program offers you a challenging but also rewarding curriculum, with experienced lecturers helping you to prepare for your professional life. The program provides you the opportunity to pursue your personal interest and career ambitions by offering two specializations: Auditing and Business Analysis and Control.
- Reinvented Master Thesis. Instead of one extensive document at the end of your studies, the workload will be spread smoothly across the Master's year. Our so-called Master File Accountancy consists of multiple consecutive reports that complement each other in terms of their learning goals: a Business Application in which academic research is used to give advice on a real-life company problem; a Replication Study that focuses on the collection and analysis of data; and a Research Note in which students design their own academic research study.
- Excellent integration with practice. The content of this program is established in close cooperation with leading (multinational) companies and is regularly updated to reflect current practices in business, such as developments in sustainability issues and the emerging use of data analytics and digital assets. Throughout the courses, you study real cases, work on assignments, and frequently attend lectures of corporate guest speakers. Various extracurricular offers such as skills workshops, company events, or symposia increase the practice relevance in our program.
- Focus on interaction and discussion. Our award-winning lecturers trigger you to actively participate in the lectures to increase your learning experience and train your critical thinking skills. Being on campus, interacting in smaller groups, and working on assignments in teams create a suitable environment to connect, collaborate, and develop into a responsible young professional.
- Train your professional skills and learn how to negotiate or communicate with business partners or advance your Excel skills.
- Two tracks allow you to specialize in either:
Are you interested in verifying financial and non-financial information of organizations? Do you want to help provide accurate information to investors, banks, and other stakeholders to make relevant business decisions? Then the track Auditing is the right one for you.
- Business Analysis and Control
Do you want to plan and forecast the business activities of a company? Do you want to prepare data to support internal decision-making? This track offers that for you.
- Ambitious Accountancy students can also apply for the following:
- The Extended Master's Program, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
- The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
- The Entrepreneurial Literacy Initiative (ELI) provides Master's students at TiSEM with tools to reflect and plan for an entrepreneurial career.
"The diversity of courses allows you to work towards your own goals. In my case, I chose courses that aligned with working at one of the Big 4 companies and becoming a RA."
Upon graduating you will receive a Master of Science with a specialization in Auditing or Business Analysis and Control.
- Graduates from the Auditing track typically pursue a career as external auditor (registered accountant), internal auditor, IT auditor, financial accountant, forensic accountant, compliance officer, tax accountant, or financial analyst, amongst others.
- Graduates from the Business Analysis and Control track usually pursue a career as finance or business controller (registered controller), project controller, management consultant, financial advisor, treasurer, financial business partner, data analyst, or entrepreneur, amongst others.
Your Master's degree in Accountancy from Tilburg University opens outstanding career opportunities, whether your future is here in the Netherlands or internationally.
This Master's degree is also an excellent stepping stone to the Post-Master Accountancy, European Post-Master Accountancy and the Post-Master's program Executive Master of Finance and Control offered in Tilburg.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Senior Financial Accounting Advisory Services at Ernst & Young
- Business Intelligence Consultant at Achmea Holding
- Finance Compliance Analyst at Nike
- Business Controller at stichd
- Associate at PwC
- Corporate Treasury Director at NXP Semiconductors
- Business Controlling Manager EMEA at ECCO
- Audit Trainee at Ministry of Finance
- Finance Trainee at ABN AMRO
- Commercial Management Accountant at Royal FrieslandCampina
- Financial Accounting and Reporting at Van Lanschot Bankiers
- Average number of months until first paid job: 1.83
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=12
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- Most Bachelor’s programs of Tilburg University School of Economics of Management will qualify
- Bachelors with a solid basis in Mathematics and Statistics, Academic Training, Accounting, Finance, and Economics, Management or Marketing
Available for both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 16:00
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Join our Campus Experience on January 31 or February 21! Discover our compact and green campus with one of our students and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
To be announced
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
Are you curious about the experiences of international students like you? Join our Get to know Tilburg University Webinar led by our international team and discover what it is like to study at Tilburg University! It is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, and our university. The next Orientation Webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
To be announced
Application and Admission - Webinar for Master’s programs
Are you interested in a Master’s program at Tilburg University, and do you want to know more about the application procedure for international students? Take the first step towards a successful application by joining our Application and Admission Webinar for our Master’s programs. The next webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
Interested in the MSc Accountancy?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application