International Business Taxation (LLM)
Become a tax expert specialized in international business. With the LLM International Business Taxation, which integrates both legal and economic aspects, you acquire academically excellent knowledge and advanced skills to fully comprehend the impact of taxation on a global scale, also in connection with new technologies. This highly relevant Master's program in today's global economy is offered in a hybrid format, which gives you the great opportunity to join the program either online or on campus. Whatever suits your needs.
Online or On Campus
LLM Guide (2022)
Program and courses
With this hybrid Master's program the #1 Law School in the Netherlands (THE 2023) opens its doors to all students, either in Tilburg or anywhere in the world.
- The market asks for experts who have knowledge of both the economic and legal aspects of taxation, that is why the program is based on these two pillars: law and economics.
- After graduation all students (including students with a background in economics) will be awarded with the degree Master in Law in International Business Taxation (LLM).
- Students with a Dutch bachelor in Law (LLB) or Pre-Master's in Law can obtain the so-called “civiel effect” after graduation from this master, i.e. the right to exercise in the Netherlands typically legal professions such as notary, judge, attorney, etc.
- In combination with a university bachelor's degree or premaster's degree, this master's degree gives you access to the Nederlandse Orde van Belastingadviseurs (NOB) when you work as a tax advisor in a NOB recognized firm. All new members must complete a postgraduate professional course organized by the NOB. Mastering the Dutch language is necessary.
Spice up your curriculum and broaden your horizon by participating in projects such as:
- the EUCOTAX Wintercourse (a wintercourse sponsored by Ernst & Young)
- the International and European Tax Moot Court Competition.
- Be inspired by internationally-reputed lecturers and celebrated scholars; this program is affiliated with the Fiscal Institute Tilburg - the largest fiscal institute in Europe.
Typical courses are:
- International and European Taxation
- Transfer Pricing
- Tax and Technology
Bahana SalaimanMaster's student
"I appreciate the multidisciplinary approach of law, economics and accounting. The program is an example of theory and practice combined throughout the various courses."
Firoz EhsanDoctoral Candidate International Business, Trade and Tax Law | Shanghai Jiao Tong University
"The master was an important stepping stone to my doctorate at Shanghai Jiao University."
Cristiano Tristão DiasRegional Tax Manager EMEA | Sika
"Project management and structural thinking were fundamental assets gained in my masters at Tilburg University."
The master program International Business Taxation offers you outstanding career prospects. Expect to get a job very soon after you graduate, finding positions in the private sector (e.g., as a tax advisor or as an in-house tax specialist in internationally-operating companies, consulting firms) as well as in the public and non-profit sectors (e.g., as a tax inspector or as a policy maker in a national or international institution).
Degree upon graduation:
Master in Law (LLM) in International Business Taxation.
Graduates started for example as:
- Analyst International Corporate Income Tax at Deloitte
- International Tax Consultant at Ernst & Young
- Transfer pricing Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Phd Student at Tilburg University
Alumni facts Tilburg Law School
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2.35
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: €3.013,-
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021| n = 98
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory program:
- A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree in Law
A Bachelor's (= undergraduate) degree in Business Economics / Economics
If you're interested in obtaining the so-called “civiel effect” after graduation, a Dutch bachelor or premaster in Law (LLB) degree is required.
There are pre-Master's program available in English and in Dutch, this can differ per educational background. The pre-Master’s programs start at the end of August and is offered on campus.
Tuition fees and scholarships
International students find all information about tuition fees and scholarships here.
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
Interested in the LLM International Business Taxation?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application.