International Business Taxation (LLM)
Become a tax expert specialized in international business. With the LLM International Business Taxation, which integrates both legal and economic aspects, you acquire the knowledge and the skills to fully comprehend the impact of taxation on a global scale, also in connection with new technologies.
As of September 2022, the two tracks of the Master's program in International Business Taxation - International Business Tax Law and International Business Tax Economics - will no longer be offered separately, but as one program integrating the economic and legal aspects. The program remains open to both students with economic and legal backgrounds. After the successful completion of the program, all students (including students with a background in economics ) obtain an LLM title.
On Campus if we can | Online because we can
This academic year, education will take place partly online and partly on campus depending on the corona measures in place. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff.
- There is an exception for the students that have opted to follow this program online in the academic year 2021/2022.
- The online options for the academic year 2022/2023 have not yet been decided upon. Therefore, students should take into account the possibility that in the next academic year, starting in September 2022, education will be organized fully on campus also for this program. When you apply for this program you will be informed about the practical matters.
in International Business Taxation
LLM Guide (2021)
National Student Survey, 2021 | n=14
Program and courses
- This master program is open to both students with a background in law and with a background in economics. It combines elements of taxation, accounting and business law. Furthermore, students with an appropriate background have the possibility to opt for courses in economics-related matters.
- After graduation all students (including students with a background in economics) will be awarded with the degree Master in Law in International Business Taxation (LLM).
- Students with a Dutch bachelor or premaster in Law (LLB) can obtain the so-called “civiel effect” after graduation from this master, i.e. the right to exercise typically legal professions such as notary, judge, attorney, etc.
- The market asks for experts who have knowledge of both the economic and legal aspects of taxation, that is why the program is based on these two pillars: law and economics.
- Spice up your curriculum and broaden your horizon by participating in projects such as:
- the EUCOTAX Wintercourse (a wintercourse sponsored by Ernst & Young)
- the International and European Tax Moot Court Competition.
- Be inspired by internationally-reputed lecturers; this program is affiliated with the Fiscal Institute Tilburg - the largest fiscal institute in Europe.
Typical courses are:
- International and European Taxation
- Transfer Pricing
- Corporate Tax Structures
- Tax and Technology
Bahana SalaimanMaster's student
"I appreciate the multidisciplinary approach of law, economics and accounting. The program is an example of theory and practice combined throughout the various courses."
Firoz EhsanDoctoral Candidate International Business, Trade and Tax Law | Shanghai Jiao Tong University
"The master was an important stepping stone to my doctorate at Shanghai Jiao University."
Cristiano Tristão DiasRegional Tax Manager EMEA | Sika
"Project management and structural thinking were fundamental assets gained in my masters at Tilburg University."
The master program International Business Taxation offers you outstanding career prospects. Expect to get a job very soon after you graduate, finding positions in the private sector (internationally-operating companies, consulting firms) as well as in the public and non-profit sectors.
Degree upon graduation:
Master in Law (LLM) in International Business Taxation.
Graduates started for example as:
- Analyst International Corporate Income Tax at Deloitte
- International Tax Consultant at Ernst & Young
- Transfer pricing Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Phd Student at Tilburg University
Alumni facts Tilburg Law School
- Average number of months until first paid job: 3.04
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: € 2.665,-
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2020| n = 64
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory program:
- A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree in Law
A Bachelor's (= undergraduate) degree in Business Economics / Economics
If you're interested in obtaining the so-called “civiel effect” after graduation, a Dutch bachelor or premaster in Law (LLB) degree is required.
Available, but only in Dutch and for students with a HBO Recht or HBO Fiscaal Recht en Economie Bachelor’s degree. The one-year Pre-Master’s program starts at the end of August.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Throughout the year you have the opportunity to meet us and learn more about Tilburg University and the programs that we offer. You can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
10:00 - 11:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Live Webinars for Master's programs
The Get to know Tilburg University Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Master's programs. Join the live webinar on February 11 or May 13.
13:30 - 15:30
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
10:00 - 11:00
Admission and Application - Live webinar for Master’s programs
If you're interested in doing a Master's program at Tilburg University, and you want to know more about the application and admission process, you should join our webinar!
Interested in the LLM International Business Taxation?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application.