Organization Studies track (Research Master in Social and Behavioral Sciences)
Learn how to understand complex inter- and intra-organizational relationships and networks, as well as relations of organizations with their institutional environment. You will become proficient at applying methodological approaches and statistical tools (e.g. network analysis) within critical data-driven projects. This program is a track of the Research Master in Social and Behavioral Sciences.
On Campus if we can | Online because we can
This academic year, education will take place partly online and partly on campus depending on the corona measures in place. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. For the latest updates on the corona situation see our FAQs for prospective students and current students.
QS Ranking, 2021
to apply your knowledge
to improve your skills
Program and courses
Become a research and data specialist in the field of organization studies while studying individual behaviors in different social contexts from three social sciences perspectives: social psychology, sociology, and organization studies.
- This Research Master is unique in the Netherlands
- Personalize your educational experience by choosing one of the four tracks, selecting your own supervisors, research topics and internal and international traineeships based on your personal interests and learning goals.
- A thorough methodological and statistical education from renowned national and international academics, preparing you for job opportunities in science, such as PhD posisitions or applied research.
- Small scale and interactive education with individual guidance. There are more full-time professors than students. And no more than 30 students in a class, from different academic and cultural backgrounds.
- Write two scientific papers as part of the curriculum.
- Become part of an ambitious and international group of students and experience the real 'cohort' feeling.
- Apply your knowledge and research skills by participating in four in-house research traineeships and 1 international research traineeship.
Typical courses are:
- Organizational Networks
- Organizations and Groups
- Survey Research and Psychometrics
- Institutions and Intra-organizational Teams
Jenna BarretResearch Master’s student
"Overall, I think the program is challenging, but this also enables you to learn and develop many new skills that will be beneficial for your future (career in) research."
Charlotte StaessensJunior Consultant Talent & Organization at Accenture
"This intensive program provides you with excellent research skills that can be applied in both academia and business life. The insights I've gained from the Organization Studies track are very relevant in my current consulting job."
Tea KipshidzeResearch Master’s student
"My dream is to mount a Research Master’s program in my country, Georgia, as soon as I have finished my thesis (on methodology) and successfully complete my studies."
You will become an all-round researcher who thinks outside the box and who is specialized in one of the four academic perspectives. This track gives you a competitive advantage in any career that requires sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, project management, or hands-on experience with the full empirical research cycle. Our graduates have developed strong careers in- and outside academia.
Recent alumni placements include:
- PhD student (Stanford University, Tilburg University)
- Behavioral Change Expert (Dijksterhuis & Van Baaren)
- Data Analyst and Research Expert (ING Bank)
- Average number of months until first paid job: 1
- 100% find a job within 3 months after graduation
- 100% would recommend this Master’s program to friends, family, or colleagues
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2020 | n=4
Application and admission
This Master's program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
Academic Bachelor's or Master's program in Psychology, Sociology, Organization Studies, or Human Resource Studies.
The Research Master in Social and Behavioral Sciences does not offer a pre-Master’s program. However, in case you successfully complete one of the pre-Master’s programs of the Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences (e.g., the pre-Master's program in Sociology, Organization Studies, or Human Resource Studies) you become eligible for admission to the Research Master in Social and Behavioral Sciences. Please note that the other admission requirements and application procedure still apply.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Throughout the year you have the opportunity to meet us and learn more about Tilburg University and the programs that we offer. You can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 15:30
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
09:00 - 17:00
Online Master's Open day
Which Master do you think is interesting? Do you want to know which Master suits you? Then visit the Online Master's Open day. Find out all you need to know about our Master’s programs, tracks and pre-Masters and ask our teachers, students and study advisors your questions.
Interested in the Research Master in Social and Behavioral Sciences?
Do you have:
the ambitions for an intellectual challenge
strong critical and analytical abilities
an interest in and experience with doing research
Then check your eligibility and the deadlines for application.