What books do I need to buy
The Course Catalog lists the books you need to buy. Some study associations offer you the opportunity to order your books at a significant discount and publish the required reading lists on their websites. Teachers usually give you a list of required books and lecture notes for the course in their first lecture.
What books do I need to buy?
- The Course Catalog lists the books you need to buy under literature.
- Some study associations offer you the opportunity to order your books at a significant discount. They publish the required reading lists on their websites.
- Teachers usually give you a list of required books and lecture notes for the course in their first lecture.
- Naturally, you do not need to purchase all your books at once. Make sure that you do buy the books for the courses in the first block. Your course schedule will be available on the website from 1 August.
What are the costs of the books?
These vary per course and depend on whether you buy the books new or second-hand, at a discount at a study association, or directly at the bookshop.
If you buy the books for two blocks at once, this will be seven or eight books, which will come down to something like € 250. For the whole year that works out to about € 400.
Where can I order my books?
Second-hand books are the cheapest option. Do make sure you get the right issue or edition!
The easiest way to buy second-hand textbooks is to check out various online trading websites. You can also go to Websites such as Bol.com and Studystore (although these mainly offer new books). Most studies also have a Facebook page specifically for students of a particular year. These often offer books as well as information.
You can get your books at a discount through the study associations. You will quickly recoup your membership fee by ordering through them!
- Asset: School of Economics and Management
- Complex: School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Flow: Culture and Communications
- Magister: Law School
- T.F.V. "De Smeetskring": Law School
Readers can vary in price enormously. The price of readers depends on whether the teachers use their own texts or articles by others as reference literature. The latter are subject to copyright fees, and these must be paid for. You can buy readers online.