Students Tilburg University

Dean of students

A dean of students informs and advises you on all problems you encounter as a student, as long as it is not specifically about your program.
The dean of students will not solve the problem; you will have to do that yourself. She can, however, advise, mediate and/or refer you to other help or service providers or institutions.

What can you contact the dean of students for?

Decisions you make with respect to your studies can have far-reaching (financial) consequences. The dean of students can inform you about these and think along with you.  If there are certain circumstances that could cause you to delay your studies, it is important that you report this to one of the deans of students as soon as possible.

The dean of students is not only there for students who are not doing well. If you want to combine several studies or undertake extra activities besides your studies, you can discuss how to go about this with the dean of students. 

 If you are not sure who to turn to, the dean of students can refer you to the right person.

Special circumstances

Please note that you are required to report special circumstances, which (might) cause study delay, within two months at the dean of students.

This is important, because the dean of students advises the Examination Board about student requests like  binding study advice, extra exam opportunities or postponing deadlines; advises the Executive Board about student requests for financial support or matters of enrollment, tuition fees etc.

Program related issues

If a problem is strictly related to your educational program, (the context of) the subject matter or the organization of education, it is better to first contact a lecturer or an education coordinator, for example, your schedule, exemptions, exams and exam rules, resits, electives etc.

If you want extra time or other examination facilities because of an illness or impairment, you can apply online on a form on the webpage special examination arrangements.

Contact details

If the Student Desk cannot answer your questions, and you also cannot find the information on the website, please send a short and concise e-mail with your question or problem to Always include your 7-digit student number in your email.

If you prefer a personal meeting or if the dean of students finds it necessary to speak with you personally, you will receive a link to schedule an appointment online.

The meetings take place online via Skype or Teams, but if you prefer a physical meeting on campus, that can be arranged by mutual agreement.

Please note: If you want extra time or other examination facilities because of an illness or impairment, you do not need to make an appointment! You can apply online on a form on the web page special examination arrangements.

Read here if you have to report special circumstances and if you have to do so with a dean of students or someone else.

Read here for which subjects you have to contact whom.

Information on the processing of personal data.

The deans of students are

 The deans of students are:

  • Yvette Dortu
    Present: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday

  • Renske Helmer
    Present: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday morning (all days until 14:30 hrs)

  • Mies Hezemans
    Present: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

  • Dorine Roestenberg
    Present: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
  • Femke Willekens
    Present: Monday, Thursday and Friday
Evaluation deans of students
  • Did you see a dean of students?
  • Are you satisfied (or not) about your meeting?
  • Do you have suggestions to improve the services, or other remarks? 

Please let us know by filling out this evaluation form, so we can serve you even better next time.

You can fill it out anonymously, if you wish. You need to log in however, because we only want remarks from Tilburg University students.

More information about: