We helpen je graag op weg

Education coordinators

Each School has an education coordinator (sometimes also called study advisor, academic counselor or study counselor). You can contact them with the questions and problems that are specifically related to your educational program.

What topics can you discuss with your education coordinator?

  • Choices and opportunities in your studies.
  • Personal circumstances that affect your studies.
  • Study planning and study progress.
  • Study interruption or study delay.
  • Arrangements regarding exams, exemptions, colloquium doctum.

Are you unsure whether the education coordinator is the right person to go to?

Check the Student Support Roadmap

  • Wacht niet met hulp vragen als het even tegen zit tijdens je studie


    Second year Economics

    Because of my dyslexia, it is an extra challenge to complete exams within the time limit. Fortunately, my Education Coordinator pointed me to the possibility of requesting extra time. 

  • De adviseurs en begeleiders van Tilburg University helpen je weer op weg


    Second year Psychology

    I was very hesitant to ask for an appointment. Fortunately, I took the step. Are you in doubt? Don't be, it's nice to finally have someone who listens to you. 

  • Vraag gerust advies of begeleiding als dat nodig is om studeren makkelijker te maken


    Second year Sociology

    I had already passed a similar course in a previous study. The Education Coordinator made sure I could get an exemption. 

Make an appointment

Would you like a personal appointment to get answers to your questions, to tell your story or to get advice? We are happy to help you! Contact the Education Coordinator of your School.

Top 5 FAQ to the Education Coordinators:

My study results are disappointing, how can I best approach studying?

The answer to this question is, of course, customized: everyone studies in their own way, has a different background, and is in different circumstances. As education coordinator we can help you analyze your problem and make suggestions on how to make a good study plan and other study methods. Also, check out the pages yourself:

You can only study well if you feel good about yourself. 

I doubt if this study is the right choiche for me, what is the best thing to do now?

In the first year, it often happens that your studies are disappointing or very different from what you expected. It is important to find out whether you are in the right place or whether you want to do something else. Maybe you have aimed too high and the hbo is more suitable for you, because you are not such a studious person.  Or maybe you want to do something in the same direction, but just a little different. For this the Workshop Reorientation on Study Program is very suitable.

As an education coordinator we can tell you a lot about the program, its structure and what you can expect, and which other programs overlap with this one. 

Due to circumstances, I cannot concentrate on my studies and I am afraid that I will be delayed. Can you please advise me what I can do?

If personal or family circumstances (temporarily) prevent you from giving your full attention to your studies, or you have enough time but nevertheless cannot focus properly, it is time for action. As your Education Coordinator, we can help you adjust your schedule, for example by postponing one or more courses, or discuss other options with you.

Because this will probably make you take longer to complete your program, it may have consequences for your bachelor program or your student grant, for example. For this reason, you are required to report these kinds of circumstances to a student dean. For more information, see Binding Study Advice and Study Delay.  

How can I complete my minor?

This question needs a customized answer. It depends on what you are studying now, what you are interested in, whether you already know what you want to do after your studies and what options the programs offer. You can also take electives at other institutions as a secondary student. You don't pay extra for that.

Also take a look at the offer of training courses and workshops of Student Career Services, which are aimed at your study and career development. There is a suitable workshop or training for every phase of study. Or make an appointment with the Career Services Officer

I would like to go on an exchange, where do I start?

As education coordinators we can advise you on the planning, because if and when you go on exchange depends on your own study progress. For all information about admissibility, destinations, application procedure, costs and so on, go to Study Abroad website.

Student Support Roadmap

Who to turn to with what question?

Are you stuck in your studies, or do you have personal problems that affect your studies? Are you uncomfortable or do you experience a lot of stress? Are you unsure about your choice of study? Do you have a problem with your tuition fees? Or don't know what you want to do after you graduate? We are here to help you. Answer a few questions and you will immediately know who to contact for information, advice or guidance.