Program and courses Organization Studies
Learn to diagnose organizational problems, formulate research-based solutions to those problems, communicate these effectively with the relevant stakeholders in their respective organizations, and manage the implementation processes. All combining the latest insights and approaches from organization science, sociology, psychology, and business management.
This one-year program consists of 60 credits (ECTS):
- 6 content courses (33 ECTS)
- 1 Master’s Seminar in Organization Studies (3 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis (24 ECTS)
The program starts at the end of August.
Master’s Seminar and Master’s thesis
Extended Master: junior traineeship at a partner organization
The Extended Master is a year and a half year program (90 ECTS) in which you’ll combine scientific research during the Master's thesis trajectory with in-depth work experience in an organization. This extensive experience will boost your position in the job market.
Short overview of Organization Studies
Learn how to diagnose organizational problems, formulate research-based solutions to those problems, communicate these effectively to the relevant stakeholders in their respective organizations, and manage the implementation processes.
- Practical teamwork is a key part of the program: frequent group assignments in real-life settings, as well as through the acquisition of knowledge on team processes.
- Small-scale, interactive education provided by leading scientists and experts in their field. You will also get support and feedback from a small group of fellow students while writing your thesis in so-called Thesis Circles.
- Deepen your knowledge and skills by doing an Extended Master (18 months). This adds a one-year professional traineeship to your regular program with a wide range of companies to choose from. In the first semester, you will follow the courses of the regular master's program.
- The Organizing for Global Social Challenges track gives you a different perspective on sustainable development based on the theories and methods pertinent to the Global Management of Social Issues discipline. This specialization considers the role of organizations in addressing global social challenges.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the MSc Organization Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application