Double degree in Sociology and Social Research
Combine the Sociology Master’s programs from Tilburg University and the University of Trento (Italy) to become an expert in political research, social policy and solving social cohesion related-issues.
Program and courses
- Ultimate international experience by studying in Italy for a year.
- Get two full Master’s degrees in Sociology from two outstanding academic institutions.
- The degree of the University of Trento focuses on political research, social policy and qualitative research.
- The degree of Tilburg University focuses on translating societal problems into sociological research from both micro (family, social networks, crime) and macro perspectives (welfare state, solidarity) to evaluate current policy with and derive new policies from.
- Expand your knowledge and practical skills even further with a traineeship:
- The Extended Master provides you with a one-year traineeship position and adds one semester to the total program. Enhance your skills and gain relevant work experience.
Typical courses are:
- Culture and Lifestyles
- Social Capital: Networks Resources and Attitudes
- The Social Structure of Western Societies
- Social Policy and Social Risks
The MSc Sociology Double Degree program is a broad, international oriented program that can lead to employment in a wide range of fields and jobs in Europe and beyond.
- Work in fields such as labor and employment, culture, welfare, recreation, education, or health care.
- Wide range of employers, ranging from government institutions to private companies and research agencies.
- Interested in business, marketing or journalism? The Guardian states that Sociology gives you a head-start, listing a range of specific abilities and skills associated with a degree in sociology, including “ability to judge and evaluate evidence; understanding the complexity and diversity of situations(…); collecting information; making reasoned and logical arguments.”
Graduates started, for example, at:
- European Commission
- Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment (Netherlands)
- Number of months until first paid job: 4.8
- Job within one month after graduation: 50%
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: € 2,309
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2015
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August (both the Master’s and the Pre-Master’s program). Please note: the Pre-Master’s program starts in Tilburg.
Best preparatory programs:
- Social Geography
- Culture Studies
- Human Resource Studies
- Organization Studies
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
Half-year (30 ECTS) Pre-Master’s program available if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences.
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 14,500|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master's program?
With any questions, don't hesitate to contact us by clicking the 'Contact us' button available on every page of our Master's website.
Download your personalized brochure
In only a few easy steps you can create your own customized brochure with information on the program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 17 November 2018 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the Double degree in Sociology and Social Research?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application