The Pre-departure Checklist gives you a short overview of what you will need to arrange before arrival.
- Examine all necessary steps mentioned on our Welcome new student page, being your main source of information that will ensure a smooth start to your studies.
- Regularly check our corona FAQ for the latest updates
- Complete payment details in Studielink.
- Join the Facebook Group for TiU freshmen. This group is for students starting in January 2022. The freshmen Facebook group for students starting in August 2022 will be shared here in the beginning of 2022.
- Complete the immigration process (if applicable to your situation).
- Register for TOP Week.
- Sign up for or watch the recording of the 'Prepare for your Studies' webinar for all conditionally and unconditionally admitted students.
- Join the Registration Day.
- Arrange your health, travel and liability insurance.
- If you have already been vaccinated against corona, we recommend you to bring proof of this.
- Contact the public health organization in your own country to check whether you need to take any specific precautions.
- Send the documents for unconditional admission to your International Admissions Coordinator by the deadline, stated in your official letter of admission, called 'Application to Tilburg University, DECISION'.
- Make sure you have scanned copies of your insurance policies and passport (including your entry visa) OR EU/EEA/Swiss national ID card within easy reach, for example by saving them in the cloud or emailing them to yourself.
Accommodation and travel
- Make sure to arrange your accommodation well in time.
- Book your travel tickets; if you need an entry visa, do not book your tickets until you have received your entry visa.
- If applicable: follow all the steps in order to open a Dutch bank account.
- Make sure you have cash in euros to cover your costs in the first two weeks.
- For EU/EEA students only: check if you are eligible for a loan or supplementary grant from the Dutch government.
Pack your bags!
- Pack a voltage converter and/or adapter.
- Pack clothes for all weather conditions!
- Check whether you have any coronavirus symptoms that prevent you from traveling to and in The Netherlands.
Check our quick guide for new students for answers to frequently asked questions like ‘where can I find my course schedule’ or ‘which books do I need to buy?’