Registration Master's program with a Dutch prior education
The information on this webpage applies to students who wish to apply for a Tilburg University Master's program on the basis of a diploma from a Dutch educational institution.
Please make sure you follow the correct procedure
- Follow the steps below if you are applying with a diploma from a Dutch educational institution and:
- are applying for a Tilburg University Master's program for the first time.
- are rejoining the same Master's program after a break.
- want to take a new Master's program in addition to your current program.
- If you want to apply on the basis of a diploma from a non-Dutch educational institution (including insitutions in Belgium or the Dutch Antilles), you must follow the international application procedure.
- If you want to continue your current Master's program in the upcoming academic year, you must follow the procedure for re-enrollment.
Follow the procedure for national applicants
Step 1: Register in Studielink
All students in the Netherlands must register for the study of their choice in Studielink
- Please check your eligibility for the Master's program(s) first, and register in Studielink for the correct program and the correct start date. There are a number of Master's programs where you can also start in February.
- Add your personal details(including your full name) as stated in your passport.
- Enter an e-mail address that you use regularly. Tilburg University will send you important information via this e-mail address, so please check it regularly.
Step 2: Submit an application for admission
In addition to your registration in Studielink, you may also need to submit a request for admission to the Admissions Committee of the School in question.
More information about the admission requirements and how to submit an application for admission can be found at the relevant Master's program(s).
The Admissions Committee will determine whether you will be admitted on the basis of your completed prior education.
Please note. If you are currently enrolled in a program at Tilburg University, you do not have to submit a separate application for admission for most programs.
Step 3: Admissions Committee’s decision
The Admissions Committee of the School will process your application for admission and will let you know whether or not you will be admitted.
After you have received a message that you have been admitted (possibly conditional), you are NOT yet enrolled at the university. Please continue with Step 4.
- Being conditionally admitted means that you still have to meet certain conditions before your admission becomes final. For example, because you still have to hand in a diploma.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to start with the program. If the Admissions Committee has rejected your request, please do not forget to cancel your registration for that program in Studielink.
Step 4: Admitted, what's next?
Whether conditionally or unconditionally admitted, we welcome you warmly to Tilburg University and wish you good luck with the start of your studies.
Let's walk you through the next steps:
- Complete your enrollment and pay your tuition fees
Please check your enrollment status and any to-do items that may still be pending in OSIRIS Student. You can use your login details for Tilburg University’s computer network to access OSIRIS Student.
- Arrange practical matters
Before you can start your studies, there are a number of practical matters to take care of, such as registering for courses, and if necessary, arranging housing.
- Participate in orientation activities
- As an incoming student you can participate in TOP Week: a social, practical and creative introduction week for all new students who are enrolled in one of the higher education institutions in Tilburg. TOP Week takes place the week before the start of the academic year.
- Besides TOP Week, there is also an official program introduction organized by your study program. During the Program Introduction, you will receive all the information you need to get off to a good start with your new study. You will meet the education coordinator, the program director and your fellow students. Participation is mandatory.