All students applying for a Talent status must meet with the Dual Career Officer. A meeting can be scheduled via the link below at the 'Talent Status Application Procedure' section
Students can be acknowledged by Tilburg University as Dual Career Students (and can, therefore, apply for a Talent status) if they meet one of the following conditions:
The non-academic careers meet to be exercised at the highest level. Which means that you belong to the (sub)top of the National or International level of sports-, cultural-, or entrepreneurship.
Athletes who have been awarded an A, B or 'Selectie' status by NOC*NSF
- Athletes who have been awarded an IT, NT or 'Belofte' status by a sports club affiliated with NOC*NSF.
- Athletes who meet the criteria set in the Guide regulations to determine Dual Career of the regional target group version 1.0 2014-2015. NOTE: the Dual Career Officer has the option not to apply this guide if developments in sports and/or society so require.
- Athletes who are part of the competition selection for student rowing club TSR-Vidar, confirmed by the Vice President of TSR-Vidar.
- Entrepreneurs enrolled at Brabant Startup Alliance
- Sport officials who are acting at the same level/division/competition the student athletes perform at order to qualify for a Talent status, and who are spending a minimum amount (16) of hours of training and preparation per week for their officiating duties
- Sports coaches who are coaching at the same level/division/competition the student athletes perform at in order to qualify for a Talent status (not including Vidar selection rowers), and who are spending a minimum amount (16) of hours of training- and preparation per week for their coaching duties.
- Performing artists who, verifiably, perform at the top 10% of his or her chosen field with at least nationwide coverage. And who are spending a minimum amount (16) of hours of training- and preparation per week for their artistic performances
- Gamers (e-sports) who participate in the highest national competition of a game that is internationally recognized and organized. And who are spending a minimum amount (16) of hours of training- and preparation per week on their gaming skillsh) Student performing artists who, verifiably, perform at the top 10% of his or her chosen field with at least nationwide coverage. And who are spending a minimum amount (16) of hours of training- and preparation per week for their artistic performances
Talent status application procedure
- Send an e-mail to the dual career officer stating your achievements of the past three years and your training regime for the past year and the coming year. You can send this to email@example.com.
- Make an appointment with the dual career officer for an initial meeting. You can make an appointment via this Link
- You will receive an official letter from the Executive Board of the university when you are classified as a top-level athlete or talent.
- The Talent status is valid for one academic year and must be reapplied for annually before the start of the new academic year.
- The education coordinator will be notified.
- You are responsible for making an appointment with the dual career officer at the beginning of each academic year with regard to student supervision.
Rower at T.S.R. Vidar
The Executive Board believes it is important that the Tilburg Student Rowing Association can compete at a high level with the rowing associations of other universities. To support Vidar and to encourage optimum professionalism, a modified Talent status is available for the selection rowers (category 3) entitling them to make use of the study facilities.
The competition rowers will be nominated by the board of Vidar, in consultation with the coach. These rowers only receive a Talent status after they have reported to the dual career officer, and have obtained (in case of 1st year Bachelor students) at least 18 ECTS in their first semester. You can make an appointment via this Link
Senior student rowers
Senior student rowers can be nominated by the board from September onward, in consultation with the coach. A senior student rower is only eligible for a Talent status once he or she is a permanent member of the selection team of that academic year.
The Executive Board reserves the right to deviate from the above provisions on an individual basis. This may be in a positive sense, for example based on outstanding sports achievements, or in a negative sense, in the event of poor study results.
Check the T.S.R. Vidar website for additional information about their rowing program
Renewing Talent status
The Talent status is valid for one year. You must renew your status if you have previously been awarded Talent status. In that case you can schedule an appointment with the dual career officer through this Link. For questions directed to the dual career officer, use the contact button below.