Enrollment in a Bachelor's program with a non-Dutch prior education
The information on this webpage applies to students who wish to apply for a Tilburg University Bachelor's program on the basis of a diploma from a non-Dutch educational institution.
Please make sure you follow the correct procedure
- Follow the steps below if you are applying with a diploma from a non-Dutch educational institution (including institutions in Belgium or the Dutch Caribbean) and:
- Are applying for a Tilburg University Bachelor's program for the first time.
- Are rejoining the same Bachelor's program after a break.
- If you want to register on the basis of a Dutch vwo or hbo-p diploma, you must follow the national application procedure.
- If you want to continue your current Bachelor's program in the upcoming academic year, you must follow the procedure for re-enrollment.
a) Check your eligibility
Get a quick indication of your eligibility to our international Bachelor's programs.*
*Currently only available for students who want to apply for admission with a national diploma obtained in Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, or USA or with one of the following international diplomas: International Baccalaureate, European Baccalaureate, GCE A-levels (UK, Cambridge). If you want to apply for admission with another diploma, this is possible, please check the information below.
1. Diploma requirements
On the Diploma requirements page you will find a list of various eligible high school diplomas from across the globe.
2. Dutch or English language requirements
- Do you want to apply for a Dutch-taught Bachelor's program?
Please go to the Dutch proficiency requirements page and find out how you can prove that your level of Dutch is sufficient.
- Do you want to apply for an English-taught Bachelor's program?
Please go to the English proficiency requirements page and find out how you can prove that your level of English is sufficient.
3. Mathematics requirements
Some Bachelor's programs require applied or advanced knowledge of mathematics.
On the mathematics requirements page you will find an overview of Bachelor's programs for which mathematics requirements apply, and what the specific requirements are for each program.
b) Remember the deadline
The application deadline for most Bachelor's programs is May 1 for EEA nationals and April 1 for non-EEA nationals.
c) Follow the procedure for international applicants
For a step-by-step guide through the application process, please watch our video How to apply for a Bachelor's program as an international student (12:29).
Step 1: Prepare your application documents
Prepare your application documents
During the application process, you must upload a number of documents as pdf in our online application system, so our International Admissions Coordinators can verify your educational background, motivation, and identity.
The documents you must upload differ per program. Therefore we advise you to look at the admission procedure of the specific Bachelor program(s) you want to apply for. More detailed information is provided there.
Step 2: Register in Studielink
Register in Studielink
You must register in Studielink, the Dutch national registration system for higher education, including the information below. Please do so correctly or we will not be able to process your application.
- Make sure that you register for the correct program.
- Add your personal details(including your full name) as stated in your passport.
- Enter an e-mail address that you use regularly. Tilburg University will send you important information via this e-mail address, so please check it regularly.
- For instructions on how to register via Studielink, please watch our video How to register in Studielink and read the Studielink Manual.
Please note: you must follow the application procedure in the next step to be considered for admission. Registration in Studielink only is not sufficient.
Step 3: Continue your application in our online application system
After you have registered in Studielink, you need to continue your application in OSIRIS Aanmeld, our online application system.
Within 48 hours of your registration in Studielink, you will receive two e-mails from Tilburg University.
- One e-mail contains your Tilburg University account details (your student number and Tilburg University e-mail address). You will not need these details for your application, but please save them carefully, as you will need them at a later stage.
- The other e-mail contains your OSIRIS Aanmeld account details as well as information on how you can start your application in OSIRIS Aanmeld. If you have not received this e-mail within 48 hours of your registration in Studielink, please contact your International Admissions Coordinator via Admissions@tilburguniversity.edu.
For instructions on how to apply via OSIRIS Aanmeld, please watch our video How to apply for a Bachelor in OSIRIS Aanmeld (07:00).
Some tips for your application:
- You can prepare for the e-mail containing your Osiris Aanmeld account details by confirming email@example.com as a safe sender in your e-mail system. You should also check your spam/junk inbox.
- If you want to upload a document with more than one page, scan each page of the document into one PDF.
- You do not have to complete your application in one go. You can save your application and return to it later.
Submit your application before the deadline as stated above
If you submit your application either close to or on the deadline, but have not uploaded the correct documents, Tilburg University reserves the right not to process your application.
After submitting your application
Our International Admissions Coordinator will check that your application is complete, according to the requirements above.
If your documents are not complete, you will be asked to submit any missing or replace any illegible document(s). Your International Admissions Coordinator may request additional information from you during the assessment process. Please check your e-mail regularly (including your spam folder) to avoid a delay in the processing of your application.
You can check your application status anytime you log in to your account in OSIRIS Aanmeld.
Step 4: Outcome of the admissions process
When your application is complete, it will be assessed to determine whether your academic background meets our admission requirements, based on your application documents.
Within four to six weeks of the start of this process, you will receive the Admissions Committee's decision by e-mail. Below are the possible outcomes of your application.
This means that you have been admitted to the Bachelor’s program for which you have applied.
- Your admission may be conditional upon factors such as your graduation from your current program. The conditional admission letter will state what you need to do to turn your conditional admission into unconditional admission. Please read it carefully and contact your International Admissions Coordinator if you have any questions. Please make a note of the deadline given for meeting the conditions of admission.
- After you have met all the conditions of admission, you will receive your unconditional admission letter via e-mail.
This means that the Admissions Committee considers your academic background to be unsuitable for admission to our Bachelor's program and we are unable to admit you based on your current academic background.
- Your registration in Studielink will be cancelled.
- You are welcome to re-apply for this program in the future if your academic background changes.
If your application is rejected and you are not directly eligible for admission to our Bachelor’s programs, you may be eligible at a later date via another route:
- Successfully complete the first year of a Bachelor’s degree in any academic subject at a university in your home country.*
- Successfully complete the first year of a Bachelor’s degree in any academic subject at a university of applied sciences in the Netherlands and be awarded a propaedeutic certificate.*
* Please note that you will also need to meet all other requirements stated on this webpage under a) Check your eligibility.
Step 5: Admitted, what's next?
Congratulations on being admitted to Tilburg University, either conditionally or unconditionally!
You may be wondering what the next steps are. To ensure a smooth (and stress-free) start of your studies, we have prepared a timeline to give you an overview of the things you need to arrange and to guide you through the process of becoming a Tilburg University student.
On the timeline you can find information about:
Completing your enrollment
Paying your tuition fees
Arranging your insurances
Books and schedule
Introduction activities like TOP Week and your (mandatory) Study Program Introduction
Tilburg University complies with all the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) regarding all personal information included in the application process, including photocopies of passports/residence permits, etc. For more information, please refer to our Privacy Statement.