Special examination arrangements
What to do when applying for special examination arrangements?
When you want to make an examination arrangement (e.g. more time to complete the exam, enlargements of exam questions) because of dyslexia, a disability or a (chronic) illness, your must submit a request in advance.
Request for examination arrangement
You make a request by filling in this form. Be sure to enclose some form of written evidence of your condition, such as a medical certificate.
PLEASE NOTE: evidence must be uploaded in PDF format and must contain at least an official letterhead, signature and date. Documents in Word or photographs and in other languages than Dutch, English or German will not be accepted. More information about supporting documentation.
If you have submitted the application for examination facilities with an adequate piece of evidence, you will receive (at the latest) within 30 days an award or rejection on your request. When processing requests, we use legal frameworks in accordance with, among others, the Equal Treatment Act (WGB). We look at what is necessary and appropriate for you as a student and what can reasonably be organised from the university's point of view.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications without documentary evidence will not be accepted. These applications will be removed. Resubmit your application with supporting documents.
If your request concerns a so-called standard facility, the Dean of Students will determine on behalf of the Examination Board whether and for which facility you are eligible. If your request is for a customized solution, your request will be sent to the Examination Board, which will determine whether and for which facility you are eligible. If your request is granted, you will receive an Examination Facilities Decree (BTV) by e-mail. It states the date from when your facility will take effect.
PLEASE NOTE: If you expect a study delay due to your disability or (chronic) illness, report this to the Dean of students.
Special examination arrangements
If you wish to use the special examination provisions which are available to students with a disability, you must follow the procedure below for each examination.
- Register to take the written examinations in OSIRIS Student.
- In Osiris, 4 weeks before the test date, the application for the submission of an examination, resit or midterm will be opened. Online registration for an examination, resit or midterm is possible up to and including 5 working days before the test date. For example, if you have exams on Monday, you can register a week in advance until 11.59 pm.
- Sign up on time! If you do not register on time, participation in this test is no longer possible, not even with the permission of the teacher.
- 4 days prior to the examination date, the Student Administration department will send confirmation of the time and location to your Tilburg University e-mail address.
- If you have been granted special examination provisions for the examinations, your registration will automatically be adjusted accordingly. You will receive the confirmation 4 days prior to the examination, just like all other students. The starting time shown on your confirmation can be up to thirty minutes earlier or later than for students who are sitting the examination in the main room.
- You are obliged to bring a print-out of the confirmation, together with your Tilburg University card or another valid form of identification (drivers’ license, ID card or passport) to the examination room.
- If you decide not to take the exam, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org a.s.a.p. prior to the date of that examination and de-enroll in Osiris.
- The examination provisions granted to you apply for the entire academic year unless otherwise stated.
- The regulations which apply to all students sitting an examination can be found on the web page on written examinations.
For privacy reasons you will not receive the course evaluation form, if you are doing an exam with facilities in a separate hall. This is because you will be practically the only one, so your answers would be easily traced back to you.