Illness during exams
If you are not able to take an exam due to illness or other mitigating circumstances, you can catch up the missed exam at the regular resit. If there are special circumstances, please contact the education coordinator.
Consequences for the exams due to COVID-19
Have you tested positive for COVID-19 and/or are you in quarantine?
We ask students who are unable to come to campus due to a Covid-19 infection, mandatory quarantine, or a waiting period following a Covid-19 test to act responsibly and stay home. That said, we recognize the need for students not to suffer delays in their studies due to Covid-19 related reasons.
That is why, if students are or were unable to come to campus in December 2021 and/or January 2022 for Covid-19 related reasons and therefore will miss or have missed the first and/or second on-campus exam opportunities, they can submit a request for a catch-up exam for the exam(s) concerned.
You can find more information in the FAQ for students on exams.
During the exams
We are aware of the fact that, given the current Covid situation, you have many questions relating to the on-campus exams. The rules relating to maximum group sizes and social distancing do not apply to exams and we see that you are worried about this. We understand that. That is why we want to bring to your attention the following measures which we have taken and also measures which you as a student can take. In this way, we can create a safe learning environment together.
- In the campus buildings, wearing a face mask is mandatory, both when moving and sitting at a workstation or in the lecture hall. A medical face mask is recommended. This also applies during examinations. If you refuse to wear a face mask, the examination opportunity will be cancelled and no extra opportunity will apply. An exception applies to students who are unable to wear a face mask due to a disability or health condition. If this applies to you, make sure you can prove this on the spot.
- During exams, candidates will be seated at a distance from each other wherever possible. We ask that you keep 1.5 meters distance from others wherever possible.
- The ventilation system is suitable for spaces with higher occupancy and has also been turned up since the beginning of the corona crisis. So do not worry about ventilation: it is working at a higher intensity than is necessary for the number of people sitting a test. Please note that the space may feel chilly as a result.
- Self-testing is essential. We kindly request you to do a home test before you come to the campus for an exam. Only come to the campus if your home test is negative. Home tests can still be ordered free of charge from www.zelftestonderwijs.nl. They will be mailed to your home.
Additional information per school
Each school has its own rules for canceling your registration for an exam. Learn which procedures and conditions apply by checking your program’s Education and Examination Regulations (EER).
Economics and Management
Only notify your program coordinator if missing the exam will cause you to fall seriously behind with your studies.
Humanities and Digital Sciences
Rules and Guidelines, article 5.4
If, due to special circumstances, you cannot or have not been able to take part in the examination opportunities offered, there are two examination opportunities per year. If you are unable to take one opportunity, you will make use of the other opportunity. Special circumstances such as illness or sudden problems in the personal sphere no longer lead to a replacement exam. Keep this in mind when planning your exams!
In order to invoke the hardship clause, there must be demonstrable, unforeseen circumstances, as a result of which application of the stated rule would lead to an unfairness of a predominant nature in the individual case. Please note that recourse to the hardship clause will be honored in very exceptional cases. You can use this form for a request to the Examination Board.
If there are special personal circumstances or if you have a chronic illness, you will have to adjust your study planning. The education coordinator can help you with this.
The regulation for the one-off extra opportunity (the "last course regulation" under Section 15.4 Bachelor's EER or Section 4.15 Master's EER) simply remains in place.
Studying abroad and examinations in Tilburg
Tilburg Law School considers it important that students study abroad for a semester without falling behind. That is why students who go on exchange and cannot participate in examinations in Tilburg because of their study abroad, may be eligible for a replacement examination for the missed opportunity. However, this requires that the student has participated in all possible previous opportunities of the course in question: at least a 4 must have been obtained at the last opportunity. Because the replacement opportunity is offered to students who have studied abroad in order to avoid possible delays, requests for replacement opportunities for examinations that have already been passed will be rejected.
Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Cancellation not mandatory
- Education and Examination Regulations (EER)