Tilburg University has a Central Disputes and Complaints Desk

Central Disputes and Complaints Desk

There are a number of options open to you if you wish to make a complaint or object to a particular decision taken by a university authority. On this page of the Central Disputes and Complaints Desk, which was created on the basis of Article 7.59 of the WHW (the Higher Education and Scientific Research Act), you will find information about lodging an appeal or objection or filing a complaint.

If you are registered at Tilburg University, you can file your objection, appeal or complaint via OSIRIS.

Informal approach

It is preferable that you take the informal approach by talking to the person responsible for the problem and trying to find a satisfactory solution together. An education coordinator or student counsellor may be able to offer advice or assistance. 

Formal procedure

There are also formal procedures which can be taken. These include lodging an official complaint or submitting a letter of objection.


You can submit an official complaint about the course of events at Tilburg University online via OSIRIS.

If there is a group of students with the same complaint, please submit a joint complaint on behalf of the whole group rather than a series of individual complaints.

We strongly recommend informing the Program Committee or School Council if you have any complaints regarding courses and tuition, especially if you are not the only student who feels strongly about the matter. It is worth bearing in mind that there are a number of student participation committees that represent student interests in particular.

Filing a complaint

Appeal: Examination Appeals Board (CBE)

You can appeal against all written decisions made by examining boards and examiners concerning, among other things, examination results, exemptions, special examination arrangements, admission to examinations, binding study advice,and the results of the university entrance examinations.

Lodging an appeal

Objection: Objections and Appeals Advisory Committee (CABB)

If you do not agree with a decision made by or on behalf of the Executive Board, you can bring an objection against it, for example, if you do not agree with the rate of the tuition fee or the level of the management participation grant awarded to you. Your letter of objection will be sent to the Objections and Appeals Advisory Committee (CABB), which advises the Executive Board about the decision to be made on the objection.

Lodging an objection

Specific complaints